Got divorced, have to sell my boat...how bad can it get?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by ahoki, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well the wife ran off with some fella..... I hate to do it but i'm going to have to sell my boat to help pad things a bit. I just listed it here on BOC :) paid my 5 bucks for a 30 day ad.

Divorce + 3 kids living with me = sell boat.....sigh

Whats wrong with people these days?

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    God bless you man, and hope things pan out. Keep those kids in your arms as long as you can

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck selling your boat man, I wish you the best.

4. Tala

Tala Guest

Hang in there Mike, things will get better!

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    People just don't believe that marriage is forever anymore.I am a woman that finds that very sad anymore.Sure married couples have some disagreements but what ever happened to sitting down and talking it out. Problems in any marriage can be worked out if there is commitment.I'm sorry she didn't feel committed to you,and if you have the kids,she obviously didn't feel committed to the kids either,that in my opinion is extremely sad.As I have said before God never intended for man to be alone.He never intended for men to raise children,unless of course it is due to the death of the wife and mother. I am very sorry and I pray that things get better for you and the children. Give them all a hug from me.---------Sister Pat:sad2:

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hang in there Brother, you will come out for the better once the wounds have healed. Will be thinking about you.

7. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.......those and prayers are very needed.

8. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you.

And I know this is probably too soon for you to be thinking like this, but maybe my words will sink in later at a better time: You can be amazed at how the most painful things in life can eventually turn out to be a blessing. I had a marriage fail, as well, and there were children involved. I thought I'd never get over that blow - I was sure that a hurt like that lasted a lifetime. But I ended up meeting someone incredible - someone who turned out to be the love of my life. And if my first husband hadn't turned out to be such a flake, I never would have been able to exprience how great marriage can be! So, oddly, I have to thank him for being so awful...:smile2:

So hang in there - things will get better.

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Count your blessings, Mike... She and her new squeeze cudda took your boat with them... Best of luck to you and the younguns on your new ventures...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
    Leo Buscaglia

10. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    sorry to hear about the bad luck,hang in there brother it gets better.

11. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I'll be praying for you and your kids, mike!

12. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well i guess we are in the same boat! (pun intended) mine did about the same thing to me in March. (she got dumped 2 weeks later). it's a hard lick to take after 20 years of being with someone, but it does get better. sorry to hear about your boat i got to keep mine and my 10 year old daughter is my main fishing buddy. try to hang on to it if you can or at least get another one so you and the kids will have something to do together.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. The kids are what is important. Thank of them. Forget the negative. Prayers are sent from So. Illinois for you.:big_smile:

14. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    hang in there man. it don't seem like it now but this is most likely a blessing in disguise. i can understand a woman leaving a man but , IMO any woman who would abandon her kids ain't worth havin nohow and ya'll are better off without her. God bless!

15. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bro,All I can say is THAT SUCK'S...Iv been there and trust me that sick filling will go away,And you will get over the Mad thing,Lean on the lord he will comfort you in this time of need..I will keep ya in my Prayers Brother..

16. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i really am sorry to here about your wife. but like everyone else said. she wasn't a woman worth having . if you were smart you would never take her back no matter what . well in my eyes any way. once a cheat always a cheat. but do what you can to save the boat. tell your self nothings your fault . your better off. and keep the boat for the kids . things always get better. but when they do . you will say damng wish we had that boat. and you might be doing better then, but dont mean you can afford another . good luck

17. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    ahoki, it gets better with time. i'm on my second wife (and greatest) now. we don't have any kids, but she loves all kids. just never wanted any.as far as the boat, you and the kids are welcome to go with us any time we are going. my best friend in guthrie has a kid and he is a kidaholic. we try to get out to the lake a minumum of once a month. if you would like to join us pm me and i wll send my cell# and email. we are planning a trip the 23&24 of june to carl blackwell if you are interested. sandy will be taking the horses, so if the kids like to ride come on up. if they have never rode, she will teach them. just remember " what don,t kill us makes us stronger" don't worry about food to much, me and bj always take plenty, i know gas is expensive, and you may live a ways from carl blakwell, but between all of us and god, we'll make it. you are very welcome to join us. plenty of room on the boat.

18. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    What an outstanding offer to help out a Brother in need. Very nice gesture. Wish I could rep you more than once.

19. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    wow......thanks alot for the consideration, I never in my dreams thought someone would invite us somewhere. I know lake carl blackwell pretty well. Back in the day my family spent every 4th of july there popping fireworks over a little pond beside the lake by the cabins on the south side of the lake. I'm overwelmed by your generosity.
    Sad to say, My oldest (15) will be at tennis camp that weekend and my 2 youngest (9 and 11) have church activities, but please know how much it meant just to be invited........ it does show me that not all of the world is as twisted as my life has been lately......

many thanks to all of you.......one bright day among many dark ones is a welcomed feeling....

God bless....... Micah

20. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Pat and Jen couldn't have said it any better, they're absolutely RIGHT! Things will be cloudy for awhile and might not seem like there's no hope, but coming from someone that's been in similar circumstances, I'd have to say that everything they said is 100%!

It took me three tries, but all the pain and hardships were worth what I went through to get the gem I've got now!!!!!!!! It just took a couple tries and it all happened when I wasn't even looking. Just see to the tasks, and the goals will happen on thier own.