got bait yeasterday

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by ks catman, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I went to topeka yeasterday to pick up a title and stoped in at a bait shop called the bait hut they had a good selection of bait. I bought some skip jack and some hole shad and a jar of guts they also had team catfish rods. Im sure alot of you guys go there but thought id post for the people that cant find bait therse know where around LV to find this.

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Lucky...Arounf here they dont carry skippies and The shad they only have after we need it...When it is like a month after ice out...Damn it i want it before ice out so i can use it while it is melting..lmao

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Don is a great guy. his shop is the only place i do business with for fishin around here.

4. ZachDinicola

ZachDinicola Member

State:
    Greatbend/Hays
    Haha.. i stopped by there on my way to perry last summer.. the owner is really nice and they had some good stuff in the store.. i need to get back up there sometime..

5. carl rake

carl rake New Member

State:
    kansasl
    they were the last one in town with bluegills last year bought the last dozen.always have what you need

6. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
  7. kflats

kflats New Member

State:
    wamego, ka
    by any chance did you see what they are wanting for the team catfish rods, I bought one a few months ago but was just curious what kind of markup he had on them. heading to cabelas in kc in a few weeks to load up, thought it might be a good stop on the way to get another rod. thanks

8. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    I was in there this afternoon, I'm not for sure but I belive they were around a hundred? You should stop by and atleast check it out very nice people. I think they had 6 to 8 team catfish rods.

9. catfisherman04

catfisherman04 Well-Known Member

State:
    Derby Ks
    Are these live shad and skip jack or frozen ? Im from wichita so do not know of this bait shop. I know fresh bait is best but does any one have much luck on bait they have caught and frozen?

10. catfisherman04

catfisherman04 Well-Known Member

State:
    Derby Ks
    catfish connection has team catfish rods for i think $99

11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I have only used skipjack that were frozen. I have used shad both ways. I wish I could get fresh bait everytime I went fishing but most of the time I can't. The frozen bait works well also but fresh is always better.