Got back from NYC yesterday

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Apr 17, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well for a band trip we went to DC/NYC... we played a parade in DC which i have already beeen there b4

but after that we went to NY which was AWESOME.... im not a city person but its cool to see stuff like this... and at night its even cooler.... we went to the rockefeller center up to the VERY top of it lol it was cool cuz the rain was flying up wards lol and it was VERY VERY VERY windy up there

we also went to times square which was my favorite.... just seeing all the ads and stuff

but it was like a WHOLE different world there...

heck i even lost 3 lbs from all the walking lol

just figured id share this

Jeff

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad ya made it home safe buddy.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Jeff, glad you had fun in NYC. I was there in 1986, I believe it was. I thought it was pretty cool at the time also :big_smile:. Never been to Washington myself though, so I hope you appreciate getting to go there twice :smile2:. Thanks for sharing buddy!

4. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's great that you got to visit NYC. I enjoy reading the online versions of some of their newspapers (NY Times, NY Post, NY Daily News, Newsday) and its like another world compared to what I am used to in St Louis. I cannot imagine a place where one bedroom apartments go for a million dollars.

5. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    The most fun thing about NYC is that you can be on any block in Manhattan, and see something you recognize!!! Even if you've never been to the city before.....

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad you enjoyed the trip,and you made it home safe and sound!:big_smile:

7. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yea it was cool tho...

we also went to ground zero.... which was one of the main places i wanted to go why i was there

thanks for all the replies....

Jeff

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds awesome, Jeff! Your school band must be a pretty good one to get to travel like that. Ours does a trip like that every other year, so my daughter hopes to go on next year's trip to Orlando. Band kids rule! :lol:
    Glad you're home safe and thanks for the report :cool2:

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Glad you enjoyed your trip. Beings how I lived right outside NYC on the Jersey side I have no desire to ever see it again LOL Just be gald your trip didnt take a wrong turn into any of the other four boroughs LOL