Got any ideas?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by iFish, Jun 3, 2008.

1. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Does anyone know how to keep Sonny's on the hooks with the sponge and vinyl mesh? It seems like everytime I cast out, then reel it in there is no bait left on it :confused2: Am I doing something wrong or what?

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I would suggest you try the looper rigs that our sponsor has they are reasonable and hold dip baits better than any other method I have seen

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Been a long time since I used Sonny's or Dip bait, but I used to add veggy oil to it, just enough to make it a tad thinner than smooth peanut butter.. I would also recommend using a Looper rig.. Best dip bait holder out there....

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    You're not doing anything wrong. You need to keep in mind that the bait IS supposed to dissolve/milk off in the water to attract the fish. If the bait will dissolve when it's sitting in the water, it stands to reason that pulling the bait through the water will make it disappear that much faster. If you're letting the bait sit for 10-15 minutes and then reeling it in, then there's not going to be anything left on the hook.

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR New Member

State:
    IOWA
    ifish,are you wipeing the holder dry....Because usually with all dip baits you have better luck when you dry off the holder ie. tubes, looper rigs, or any others you may use or have....Try it see if it helps....Good Luck