Got another "Gold"

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I played hooky today and went dirt fishing after lunch. I got a few sinkers left behind by fisherman that use 8# test and 3 OZ sinkers, .64 in change, and a 10K gold ring.

Attached Files:

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good find, Bob!! All I ever find with my metal detector is old beer can tabs and useless stuff like that!

Thanks for sharing.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Good fishing you did there BobPaul Nice looking ring:cool2:

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's cool Bob. My buddy lost his wedding ring in the woods and he hasn't been able to find it with a borrowed metal detecter. Seems he needs to have some of your luck. :lol:

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks for sharing your find once again , bob

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya done it again! LOL! You should turn it over to the truant officer.

7. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    WTG Bob! Living down in NC do you ever do any relic hunting? I used to hunt around the Charleston SC area but have relocated to Wisconsin I have found some old ghost towns around here I plan to hit in the spring when the ground thaws out. While out deer hunting this year I hav3e found 2 old cellars dateing back to the 1800's. Will post some pics of the holes when I can find my cam cable... Good luck and keep swinging Bob...

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bobpaul thanks for sharing the pics of your find. I love metal detecting. I have a Whites Spectrum XLT. Don't use it as much as I should but I enjoy reading of your trips. Thanks

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Gary, I haven't got into relic hunting as much as I could have. Beach hunting has much better scenery and the diggin's easy. I know there's some interesting places here in NC to do it.

I did hunt up at Mark Johnson's place in Four Oaks once. Had a cheapo detector and still found a mini ball.

I look forward to seeing some of your finds from those old cellar holes. Love that Wisconsin cheese

Mickey, things are getting hard to come by, but the ocean keeps shifting things around and sometimes I get lucky. We get to swing coils all year long around here. It'll be in the 20's tomorrow morning, but back up to the mid 50's by the afternoon. That's how the winter months are around here. It seldom gets too bad, and if it does, I can always go to Fl.

10. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    nice find! I think it looks like alot of fun and wouldn't mind trying it. But since I am landlocked in Indiana I don't know how succesfful I would be, I could try along the Ohio River and stuff.

I have wanted to get one of those super strong magnets and drag it through the creeks and see what i can get, but probably just a bunch of junk.

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I've always wanted to find a fresh water swimming lake and snorkel the beach areas there.

I see on some detector sites that people do real well with finding lost treasures there.