Got another carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Sentry Dog Man, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Hi Guys,

Here's a pic of the small carp I got today. 3 1/2 pounds, 21 inches long. Caught on corn and light tackle.

I did break my catfishless days today. Caught one and lost one. I am posting pix in the general catfishing section. He was small, 3 1/2 pounds and 20 1/2 inches long.

Attached Files:

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    that was prob a pretty good fight on a spinning rig hugh?? they are fun to catch. i caught a 7# er on a 33 at the creek this summer on worm while we were smallmouth fishing. good fight.

3. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I have yet to catch a very big one, but all that I have caught no matter the size have put up a good fight. My 8 year old son caught a 24 pounder a while ago on a little zebco spinning reel and a very light rod and he fought that thing for 15 minutes and really had a blast. I hear about it every time we go fishing, lol.

4. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Carp are A great fight, reguardless of their size.

Nice pic also :)

5. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Yeah, cats4, great fight on the ultralight tackle I was using. I have even been thinking about going to light/ultralight fishing for everything and not using anything over 6 pound test line. Just seems you get a lot more bites and hookups. And, you got to hook 'em before you can land 'em. But, there will be a lot of lost fish around heavy cover. However, I guess it is better to lose one than to never have had him on at all.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    carp are a great way to hook kids on fishing. thats how i got my start along with gills. my grandpa set me up with a fly rod and a spinning reel,man what a fight they seamed to put up back then. i remember ,he would set back and laugh at me huffin an puffin those hogs in on that long rod. lol

those childhood memories :)