Got an age old question?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by stinkbaitjunkie, May 5, 2007.

1. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    I HAVE GOT A BOAT THAT WAS GIVIN TO ME AND THE BOAT IS IN TERRIBLE SHAPE BUT THE MOTOR IS IS IN GOOD SHAPE. THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE IS. WHERE CAN I FIND SOME INFORMATION ON THE MOTOR. ITS A 70 HP. CHRYSLER. MDL # 707HF SER # 25316. I HAVE GOOGLED IT AND CAN'T FIND ANYTHING. ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT. THANK ALL IN ADVANCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE WIREING AND CARB INFORMATION...

2. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    might try iboats.com. A lot of info available there for all brands and probably at least a source of where the info may be available

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    What you have is a motor that has been discontinued and parts can no longer be found.
    Don't take offense to what I am saying here but That engine ain't worth putting money into.

4. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I have a 1975 Christler 75 horse. Also a discontinued motor, but I did find a rebuild kit for it somewhere which I do not need yet. Mine runs great. I figure I will run it till it quits and get anotherone then. Mine was basicly given to me as well and it runs great other than it throws into gear from neutral sometimes which I got fixed now. I will share any info I find on these motors with you when I find it.

5. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    And more manuals... (cheaper ones on CD)

http://www.hurrikain.com/Chrysler-manuals-outboards.htm

Sorry for all the posts. I will try to save all te links and post them at once next time but you should be able to get all the info you need off of one of the manuals available here.

6. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    Thanks so much. You really helped me out.

7. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Any time, glad I could help. When I asked about a problem on mine I was told "Well it is an old engine and parts are hard to find, sorry for your trouble" took another week to get any real advise. I just didn't want that to happen to you.

8. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Another good place to find information is the Library Or ours has, It has a lot of outboard manuals that you can check out for a small fee. there might be something small that is wrong or just needs some small adjustments made. Our library has a lot of manuals on a lot of different brands. and they have cover a lot of lawnmowers too. (ugh work) just a thought