Got Alittle Flat Today!!!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 22, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went out on the Muskingum River today, took a friend that has been hounding me to go. LOL.. Busted some channels and I boated this little 15 lb..6oz. flattie just after 1:00 pm. Had another nice run and hook up on another fish I'm sure was a flat, but it decided to release itself. Water temps. were between 59-61 degrees.. It's always nice to break the ice with a daytime flat in the spring... rollo

Attached Files:

2. FDR

FDR Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
    Nice work there Bro

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats, you beat my first Flattie of the year by just a little bit...:roll_eyes::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

You only beat mine by 12#'s and 6 oz...:smile2:...One good thing is their starting to feed, its all uphill from here!!! Mine was only 3#'s...:embarassed::smile2:...Oh well, you gotta start somewhere!:smile2::wink:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job Rollo, and a decent fish to boot. I hope my first flattie is only 15 lbs this year...:wink:

I did get my first official Softshell this afternoon, although he got loose just before the boat so I guess its still not official yet. Other then that only got 1 channel, the GMR is low and clear again and that always makes it tough. We need another major floood so I get really get back into them.

Salmonid

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Nice fish bro glad you broke the ice!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm hoping that my #2 is at least 5-15#'s. Should be easy to upgrade from there. I know the 3#'er will be an easy upgrade!!! :wink::cool2:
    Its still early and I plan on catching a hog Daddy Flattie before its over with!!!
    Show you all what the river around here is all about...:wink::smile2:

BTW Rollo, We still have a fishing trip this summer. We need to talk and maybe try to set up a date and time in advance. The way gas is It'll take some time to save up.
    PM me or call me(you have my number) and we'll talk,,,,,Even though were not teammates...:sad2::confused2::wink::smile2:

I'd still love to meet you and wet a line with you Brother!!!

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    RollO, your on Kirks team arent ya in the fish off???
    No pictures of tad poles BlowN up allowed I don't think.....:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hear ya.. lol... im gonna sit on this fish, pretty sure i can better it later.... I HOPE! LOL>>>:smile2::wink: rollo

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Good fish man ... should be enough to make a big pan of soup LOL ... Garry- :wink:

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Congrats on the fish. Was that your first one for the year?

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it was released.... nothing over 10 comes home! rollo

12. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    glad you started something buddy

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good fish Rollo, way to start it off.

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    no, that was the first of any size...rollo

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BTW.... Im not entering into the Muskingum River Photo Thread, my name is on there from the spring, but I have talked to some people signed up, and ITS to my decision that I want to run it, and not be involved. I want this thread to go more than I want to win... And I feel being its my thread, I will have trouble posting for the reason I want not to win win, but to see good pic.s... and data it!!! I will database my fish, but am not concerned on trying to win! I look forward to a great thread, and encourage all of you signed up to give it your all!!!! goodluck.......rollo

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice fish Jason, congrats.

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Why don't you put it under ryang's name. He'll need all the help he can get!lol:crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2::eek:oooh:

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

This Saturday I'm planning on putting Gary on some nice fish. Thats my goal to get him his PB!!! I'm gonna help all I can to help him get it!:wink::big_smile:

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nice fish.15# is a good way to start out he season.Congrads on the release.

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Swwweeeetttt.....nice catch bud, hope to get my first flatty of the year Friday night.