Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the Muskingum River today, took a friend that has been hounding me to go. LOL.. Busted some channels and I boated this little 15 lb..6oz. flattie just after 1:00 pm. Had another nice run and hook up on another fish I'm sure was a flat, but it decided to release itself. Water temps. were between 59-61 degrees.. It's always nice to break the ice with a daytime flat in the spring... rollo

Attachments

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Congrats, you beat my first Flattie of the year by just a little bit...:roll_eyes::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

You only beat mine by 12#'s and 6 oz...:smile2:...One good thing is their starting to feed, its all uphill from here!!! Mine was only 3#'s...:embarassed::smile2:...Oh well, you gotta start somewhere!:smile2::wink:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Nice job Rollo, and a decent fish to boot. I hope my first flattie is only 15 lbs this year...:wink:

I did get my first official Softshell this afternoon, although he got loose just before the boat so I guess its still not official yet. Other then that only got 1 channel, the GMR is low and clear again and that always makes it tough. We need another major floood so I get really get back into them.

Salmonid

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Nice fish bro glad you broke the ice!

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
I'm hoping that my #2 is at least 5-15#'s. Should be easy to upgrade from there. I know the 3#'er will be an easy upgrade!!! :wink::cool2:
Its still early and I plan on catching a hog Daddy Flattie before its over with!!!
Show you all what the river around here is all about...:wink::smile2:

BTW Rollo, We still have a fishing trip this summer. We need to talk and maybe try to set up a date and time in advance. The way gas is It'll take some time to save up.
PM me or call me(you have my number) and we'll talk,,,,,Even though were not teammates...:sad2::confused2::wink::smile2:

I'd still love to meet you and wet a line with you Brother!!!

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW.... Im not entering into the Muskingum River Photo Thread, my name is on there from the spring, but I have talked to some people signed up, and ITS to my decision that I want to run it, and not be involved. I want this thread to go more than I want to win... And I feel being its my thread, I will have trouble posting for the reason I want not to win win, but to see good pic.s... and data it!!! I will database my fish, but am not concerned on trying to win! I look forward to a great thread, and encourage all of you signed up to give it your all!!!! goodluck.......rollo

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.