Got a winter time project in mind?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by justwannano, Dec 15, 2008.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Well here I sit.
    Doin nothin.
    For a whole bunch of us catfish chasers the season has ended. Hell its 10 degrees out there. Supposed to get down to 2 tonight. Up to 6 inches of snow tomorrow.
    Besides being a catfisherman I also trap.
    Fur ain't worth much and I ain't catchin nothin so that season is probably over for me too.
    Sooo I need a winter time project. But what???
    Boats in the shed but it ain't heated so working on that won't get done til this weather breaks and then just short time projects.
    So any of you guys got any ideas for your own wintertime projects? I'm interested in hearing about them.
    The best 2 ya
    just

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah Bob I know what you meen. I hate to be shut up in the house during the winter, and you can only sit in front of the TV/Computer, or read just so long. I have been giving some thought to reloading my own ammo. I do like going to the range, and it is expensive, but it's also expensive getting started reloading. However I've told Christine that if she could work a little overtime, maybe I could get the stuff I need for reloading.LOL So I'm really investigating this reloading thing, and I should probably quit beating around the bush, and just do it, but it's interesting to research it for now. Merry Christmas to you Bob, and a Happy New Year. Later Andy

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The little lady has a few in mind!! I'm not talking about it!! LOL

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    full reel clean and lube and sinker making are my usuall winter projects.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I nomally works on my fishing gear, or I work in my woodworking shop. But right now I am restoreing a unisaw cabinet saw.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    drink alot and log into catfish1.com

7. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Got some new kahles from C.C. Learned a real simple no snell knot from Matt Jones a BOC sponser. The knot is so easy and Matt has used it for some time, and he gets BIG flatheads on the Rock River.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got about 50 lbs of lead to melt down and pour into 3 or 4 oz bank sinkers. Also want to change the plugs and wires in my chevy van ( fish mobile) and maybe put in some cabinets to hold more supplies too.:big_smile:

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i went thru all my fishin stuff and organized it better, then i collected a couple things ta make a bait tank in the spring(pond pump, tube, bubbler, pvc) around march i was gonna pick up a 50 gal rubbermaid tub and use that as my bait tank and get that up and runnin just in time for spring, maybe make a sinker mold and give that a shot:wink:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    ben working on reorganizing my fishing stuff tied 100 4/0 khale hooks in the past few days need to get some 8/0 and get them tied got to strip the line off the reels and give theme a cleaning need to get my sinkers pourd but weather needs to be better for that

11. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    man i never thought about doing all of that..

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Where would you like me to start?:wink:

13. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Recover a few stolen cars, put a few people in jail, laugh at all the funny posts on here, learn from the useful ones, oh and go fishing...

14. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    When my river gets up and out of its banks, fishing can be pretty tough. The fish are there, but they're in cover better suited to cottontails.

I'm going to take a saw and create a few openings on a nearby willow bar up next to high ground. Can't see why that won't work.

15. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    You guys are making me realize how fortunate I am to live in place with year round good fishing and weather.

16. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Finished up some of my winter projects. Drift buckets are made, Rod holders are made, Bait bucket is made. Need some warmer weather to make my drifting/trolling bar and live well...