got a thief in the neighborhood

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slimdaddy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    wife went to town this morning gone for about a hour got back in the house and somebody had been in here she forgot to lock the door they took a z712 kodak camera and all of her jewelry and didnt bother nothing else that we can find luckily the sheriff took containers that her jewelry was in to get fingerprints cant believe thats all they took ive got 9 guns in there and loading equipment that wasnt touched we believe it was our nieghbors in which there a bunch of dope heads and when the sheriff came their daughter which is 15 came running over here and ask the sheriff what they was doing here in which we know she steals cause she used to try and steal my granddaughters stuff so it couldve been her there is so much stuff here that a thief would take other than whats missing so i think it was the kid but she told the sheriff she was in school hope they get fingerprints so we can find out who done this

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ain't nothing worse than a thief. before you finished writing this, it seemed to me to be someone that knows nothing on value.. it could have been a youngun, either way glad nothing else was gone and hope you find out out! rollo

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    buy you a motion detecting deer camera and leave the door open again.
    Thieves are sneaky but not smart.
    Good luck

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    or do what i would, have the truck moved by a friend, the wife and kids leave. Leave the garage open on a week day, doors and windows open..... And wait inside with the 357 to shove down the thiefs throat:cool2: I don't take stuff like that lightly and would drop the hammer if needed! rollo

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sorry to hear Keith. With some luck they will find out something but you know how that goes . I had some guy looking in the back of my truck the other day ..... in my yard. I let my pit out to meet him and I'm pretty sure he wont be back....... Then again..thieves are fools.

-Jim-

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sorry to hear that, aint nothing worse than a thief. Want to flush them out wait a day or two and put up reward posters saying 1000.00 for return of property. :wink:

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Keith sorry to hear of this. nothing is safe anymore.

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had a buddy in high school that kept getting his car stereos stolen. he got tired of it and took the top off of his newest radio, and soldered fishooks to it. One morning he came out to find a guy still in his car stuck to it bleeding like a stuck pig. He got charged with assault.....Gotta love the irony here. You're lucky the thief did'nt trip and fall while they was in your house. You might have gotten sued..

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I HATE THIEVES!!

I am sorry for your loss and I hope you have some luck recovering your valuables.

10. kittiehunternm

kittiehunternm New Member

State:
    ohio
    hope they catch the sob i can't stand thiefs

11. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    sure hope they get whoever took your stuff they outta just hang 'em from a tree in your front yard

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry about your troubles there Keith. After reading this i would also say it is a young person. It could posssibly be that girl with just the jewelry and the camera. If her parents are dopeys like you say then she probably don't get awhole lot in the line of gifts or anything else. Anyways i hope whoever done this is caught and you and your wife get your belongings back!

13. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey, they can't sue if they in a body bag!

"he said he was gunna kill me and went to take something out of his pocket!"

14. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ... Get an electric box that they use for cattle fences, wire it to the door handles, window frames if they're metal, get a remote for it if there isn't one with it, or a couple so you and your wife can have one in each of your cars, and make sure you turn it off when you go to lock or unlock the door, so you aren't the one in extreme pain.

Sorry about what happened to you, I've been there myself, unfortunately I don't live in Texas were it's legal to protect personal property with force, then I could have creative free-range to protect the things I've worked hard to accumulate, one try and they'd never be back.

15. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe

16. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I hate to hear of your loss but I'm like Rollo, I had to work to hard to let some slime take it for me I'm fried it would be looking for an undertaker cause I would be looking for it , Hope they find the person ( s) that did that and they recover your things better be watching the pawn shops

17. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    aint nothin worse than a thief!!!

18. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    A few years back I had all my work tools stolen from my truck in the middle of the night. Word got back to me that it was one of the neighbor kids, 17 at the time. I saw him come home from school one day and went over had a litle talk with him. I didn't threaten him with violence but did promise him that if I caught him on my property he would be going to jail. About a month later I caught him just outside my barn at 3 in the morning and called the sheriff. The sheriff left it up to me if the kid went to jail that night or just scare him to give him a warning. I looked the kids dad in the eye and said take him to jail, I am pressing charges. I gave him his one warning and he blew it by coming back. That family moved out the next month and put their house up for sale. The charge was criminal trespassing and he got probation for it.
    I hate thieves and would like to see them all locked up. In my army days we would have just given him a blanket party and C.O. would have looked the other way.

19. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    the sheriff is checking the fingerprints but i know it was the 15 yr old girl next door that did it but im gonna just let the law deal with her if it was her cause if i go over there it aint gonna be good and i gotta live beside a$$holes so ill just stay cool for now

20. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It seems Keith all it is anymore are kids stealing just to get their next fix. As you said guns an loading aparatus an not touched tends to lean toward that youngin.