Got a smartest fish story?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by s_man, Jan 29, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I swear this really happened. Last august I had been fishin up river with no action so I decided to head back to the ramp about 1 am. But across the river from the ramp was this very large sycamore tree that settled there aginst the bank back in the spring. I had always passed it by cause it was the most obvious cover and figured every one fished it. Well I had 4 baits left so I set up on it. 30 minutes into it my clicker goes off, I can feel him dragging my sinker over rocks and branches, I tighten up the slack let him pull the tip down then set, There's a big splash right up aginst the bank, I only got to feel him for a few seconds but he had to be over 30 lbs. So I rebait throw back to the base right after i set that rod down,the one placed near the crown out in deeper water got a run. I could feel the fish dragging that sinker also but he wasn't going down river he came right for the boat, I kept taking up slack gently so as not to spook him, well he stoped right under the boat and spit my now crushed and dead gill out for me. While putting on my last bait the pole near the base went off again, he headed straight for me again and spit that crushed gill right under the boat too.I put the last one right in the middle of the log he promptly came over and killed it and left it there. I feel this was the same fish he just wanted to let me know he did'nt take too kindly to me offering him breakfast with a hook in it. From the first to the last only took about 10 min.

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    same thing happened to me.
    I musta wasted at least $20..00.
    I got him in the end though.
    Threw his sorry butt in the cart and headed to checkout.
    I'm here to tell ya,
    them foodlion catfish are wiley.
    LOL
    Great story bro.
    reminds me of the time that JW told me the story bout him, the braided line from pigmey deer and.....
    Sorry wrong thread.

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I have had this happen to me before. I was fishing on the bank and i was casting the blue gill at the head of the hole which is about 21 feet deep. I noticed my line went really slack, then slacker, and slacker. I finally got mad picked up the pole and started reeling in the slack, the bait was out about 30 yards. When i reeled in all the slack the bait was about 10 feet from the bank. ANd the bluegill looked like it had been stepped on, it happened 2 more times that night, while my buddies are laughing at me saying i wasnt fishing. I was only playing fetch with the flathead

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    LOL, I'm sure if one of my buddies woulda been with me they would been rollin in the bottom of the boat laughing so hard.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    one of my buddies Steve's favorite stories is that we were fishing at a pond by my house. I had a bobber out with a shiner and a chyb on bottom. We could see a storm rolling in, i got a run and caught a 3 pound channel cat, once that fish hit the bank, the skys opened up on us. I had just had knee surgery so i was limping into the truck as the 30 mile an hour gusts with torental down pour. We sere sitting in the truck watching the poles when i said Steve, i think my bobber is gone. He looked out and said yeah its gone. We sat in the truck for 5 minutes, the winds were going hard to our right. The rain stopped i limped to the pole and as i picked it up the bobber showed up about 20 yards to the left from where it was. I reeled in and it looked like the shiner went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson i still havent heard the end from that

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Yeah Nate remember that one well.looked like the chub was beheaded.that was so crazy,we thought about heading out to the pole but the trees doubling over told us to stay in the truck