Got a question

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by shenbitt, Aug 7, 2006.

1. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey all,

I got a question for you guys. Me and my wife like to camp and fish. She has a week of vacation coming up and we want to go to a lake and camp. I am looking for a lake that I can camp with a tent and campfire right next to the lake so I can fish. Last time we camped I had to go about 200m away to fish and that makes it hard for me and the wife to talk when she is watching the campsite. Do you guys know of any lakes here in Ohio where I could do that? If so please leave me a message on here or PM me. Thanks for the help.

shenbitt

2. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Where do you live? or better yet where in Ohio do you want to camp?

3. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I know their sites are close to the water.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In SE Ohio Lake Snowden has a few right on the lake and there is some decent cats in there too.

5. hoggmaster

hoggmaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    Seneca lake has a few campsites by the water...if you havent heard of seneca lake...it is a goot catfish lake there are alot of 50 to 70 pounders caught every year... it is located in senecaville ohio..

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Hey I got an Idea!!!!
    The national gathering is coming up in about six weeks. You could take a weeks vacation and go to that. There will be lots of things to do and fishing just happens to be one of them, LOL!!!
    Get signed up and meet us there, it will be more fun than you can shake a stick at!!!!

Kenlake State Park at Land Between the Lakes in KY!!!

7. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would highly reccomend Ohio Power in sothern Ohio(Morgan and Muskingum counties) especially if you are going during the week. there are many campgrounds most of the have a lot of lake sites and its all free you just need a permit that you can print off the internet or you can get it from you local division of wildlife office and a map too.

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    you can camp and fish down at deer creek state park. i think that its a good place

9. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for all the help everyone. I will check out these sites during the week and see how it goes. Hopefully good. I live in West Chester by the way.

Shenbitt

10. lakeloramiemike

lakeloramiemike New Member

try lake loramie near frt loramie ohio great lake maybe we could hook up and go out in the boat for awhile

11. ripleyhunter

ripleyhunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Burr Oak state park is my pick. I own land near there and it is one of the most peaceful places I've fished. the channels are good with a few flats caught every summer. good luck!

12. whisker hunter

whisker hunter New Member

State:
    Springfield,Ohio
    Kiser lake is a small and quiet lake,row boat only though.Good fishing and they have camp sites at the waters edge.