Got a question or two about catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by puppypal, Nov 3, 2008.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ok I worked this weekend but got to fish a bit Saturday afternoon and man they were biting. Caught several and went home completely wore out and sleep good to say the least. Well DH had to go to camp (Pond available) to unload some junk before the season started so I went along hoping to see a couple of them huge cats in my cooler. Well they were so picky. We chumed the water as normal and even fished with everything i could think of nothing bit except one. I would (get this) see the cats swimming near the bank and BOY! it was making me cranky:angry:
    So when i left I finished the feeding for the owners and they all poped up to the freakn surface like to say, HA Ha That lady is leaving. Now I am talking ten twelve freakn pound cats.:eek:oooh: That was the pickest:tounge_out: mess of fish I have ever seem. The owner told us to go down there often for a while because no one fishes there much and crowding is a factor. :wink:These cats didn't want nothing to do with me! POUT!:sad2: Here I am sitting with three poles out dressed three ways, and two huge boys nearly swim under my feet. Oh, well I have caught my share. But i still feel they are laughing there hineys off at this silly blonde.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    puppy if you will get a small bobber and fish bout a foot deep with only a hook and a ball of bread for bait they will bite while they are feeding.

3. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Actually I got so po'ed at the fish I did fish with a bobber and the freakn food they normally eat! Might just try that bread next time. The owners even told me that they needed to be fed and are hungry:tounge_out:
    They feed the normal fish food and some cat food believe it or not. The cat food had some pieces with freakn rings in it so I even put that on the hook. I think they were just smarter than me! LOL