got a number 3 ecat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by getthenet, Apr 25, 2009.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    got a number 3 ecat friday i will say this i was very dissapointed they never changed anything on these rods eyelet were the same to me no stainless steel eyelets ceramic inserts not going to get anymore

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I don't recall having seen anything that stated that the rods were going to be different from the original specs?? :confused2:
    I don't have a single rod that doesn't have inserts on it. I really don't care for steel guides, other than maybe the tip on rods that use heavy sinkers (so the tip insert doesn't crack when somebody else reels the sinker or swivel up tight against the tip, HARD).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have never popped out an insert on any rod in 30 years of fishing, regardless of the fish size, line test, whatever. I have had a couple crack, but they still stayed in the ring.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That's weird Jim. I thought they were going to change to stainless too :confused2:

4. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    they are no different than before

5. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    EXCLUSIVELY FOR CATFISH CONNECTION, THEORIGINAL E-CAT ROD. THE E-CAT RODWAS DISCONTINUED IN 2000, BUT IT ISBACK AND ONLY AT CATFISH CONNECTION!DARK BROWN BLANK WITH BROWN ANDGOLD WRAPS. BLANK THRU THE HANDLECONSTRUCTION, CORK HANDLE, STAINLESSSTEEL GUIDES WITH TITANIUM OXIDE INSERTSSOLID CHROMED STAINLESS STEEL TIP TOP(WITHOUT INSERT). YOU WILL NOT BEDISAPPOINTED!!!

key word there is stainless steel guides

6. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    It's right there for you to see "Stainless guides with Titanium Oxide Inserts". The key word is "Inserts", not stainless guides. Seems to be pretty well defined that there are inserts in the guides.

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I got my Ecat 3 today. It is a great looking rod. If you liked the original it is the same. Berkley did a great job.

Like Kyelk said stainless steel guides with titanium inserts.

8. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey i love them i had them when they first came out,sold them them found out they quit making them, ijust bought 3-3s and 2-4s in my opinon they are the best rods made i have 2 team cat 3/4ton rods that never made it to water. ithink e-cats are far better:big_smile: