Got a new toy

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by 223reload, Dec 9, 2006.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went out and bought a daisy powerline 1000s today cant wait to try it on the neighborhood ferel cat population them things are getting a little too thick i love pets but when they breed wild they start to wreck all kinds of havock on the birds an such

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Daisys are ok but word of advice they are hard to cock and the scope mounts will mess up. But they are powerful guns

3. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Richard;
    I have a scoped RWS 48 that I use for the very same thing! :cool2:
    Being a "Magnum" AG, I also use it for Squirrel Hunting when season comes in too.
    When I do my part, this AG/Air Gun will do a 1/4" or better at 25 yds!:smile2:
    While not as powerful as a .22LR if I put the shot where it is supposed to go, it gets the job done in fine fashion and without that "crack!" that comes with the .22LR:smile2:
    And, it's a One Stroke Side Cock so it maintains the accuracy over a "Barrel Cocker" and is much easier to "pump" that those that require up to eight pumps for full power!!
    Good Luck and if you can, please keep me informed as to how it works out for ya?
    Finally, Raven and I wish YOU and Yours a "Happy and a SAFE Holiday Season however you all choose to celebrate the season. :smile2:
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1 & Raven
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm seriously considering getting a bb/pellet gun for my 7 year old twin boys for Christmas. Of course daddy will be playing with it too. :tounge_out: and for that reason I want something with some power, but since it's for my boys I don't want the hottest thing out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eric

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Johnny you are right about the fact that the daisy is tough to cock but hell im a man and aint nothin a little EFFORT wont take care of this thing sounds like a 22 when you shoot it, i could have gone with the Gamo but i thought id try this one the price was daisy 99.99 gamo 129.99

6. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Just about all of the powerful guns are big and heavy. Over 40 inches long and 6+lbs. May be be to heavy for them? Maybe not? good luck

7. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  8. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    WOW that is some crazy stuff i have been gathering info on that ammo since i first saw it advertised im definitely going to get me some

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got the daisy sighted in to shoot about 1/2" groups at 30 feet right now and that will do till i get it really broke in this thing is great!!!

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    a little update on the daisy guys after 250 pellets and a cleaning it is shooting a consistant 7/8 to 1 1/4 groups with about as many shots as i care to shoot at the moment im out of ammo but i have a target with a 1x1 1/2 inch hole that is about 1inch low and 3/4 inch right of the bull so i am giong to re zero and when i can get em all home I'll give you another update and maybe a pic

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i had a daisy 1000s and the only thing bad with it is the scope mounts. i was shooting the crosman round nosed hollowpoint pellets.
    that was the only break barrel air rifle i ever shot at the time, and i was seriously impressed. i killed several jackrabbits and cottontails with it, and a lot of pigeons and grackles. you get a little sore on one side after cocking it so many times, but hell it's worth it!
    jordan

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yep that is what im findin out the crossman hp are really accurat but the scope not the mounts is crap