Got a new to me Flatbottom Boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by gamedog357, Sep 16, 2009.

1. gamedog357

gamedog357 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just got a new to me 16 ft 1973 Monark flatbottom. The boat is older but perfect for what I will use it for. It is 16 ft 52 inch floor 72 inch beam. It has plywood floor that need replacing. The previous owner put a steering console in front of the front bench seat. It has a stock aluminum casting deck with bass seat and two fold down seats. It has a 1975 50 hp evinrude that runs pretty good. I just need to replace the floor and add rods holders and get a new depth finder. I got a sweet deal on the boat but had to drive a few hours to get it. I will get some pics up soon

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats on your new to you boat

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Congratulations on the new boat . I know how you feel , I picked up an old 18 foot johnson boat last month and you would have thought I bought a new one ...lol .
    I spent 4 days stripping all the paint from the inside and out then primered it up . I have to many projects going on so I am going to finish it in the early spring .

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Jason on your boat find. A little tender love and care and you will be ready for the maiden voyage. Good luck.

6. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Jason, Congratulations on the boat. You will have some good time with it. That is the same size as mine. I bought it from a man that had it tunred over in his back yard. I completely stripped it, had the leaks welded up, painted and, well, I had to do everything to mine. Working on your own boat is not really work. Just thinking of all those times you will be spending out on the water makes it fun. I had a lot of questions when I did my boat. And the guys here were more than helpful in keeping me going in the right direction.
    Have fun with the boat.

7. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Congratulations on your new boat.That is the reason I went back to aluminum , it never rots and a fresh coat of paint makes it new again.

8. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    congrats on your new to you boat :big_smile: