Got a new bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by FlatGetter, Jul 15, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    went to Wal-Mart yesterday and walked through the sporting goods, and saw a hunting isle that they just set up. and they had bows and they had a Fred Bear Team RealTree One Cam bow. It had a fiber optic sight a Quiver and a Whiscar Buiscut for like 250.00 I only had 40.00 so I grabed it up being the last one and put that bad boy on lay-a-way. It was my weight and draw length. It is 33" axle to axle with a 300 fps IBO. I thought I saw it in Cabelas for like 350.00. Is it a good bow and a deal.

2. dbowers

dbowers New Member

State:
    Mantua, NJ
    Cant beat a deal like that..I've good thing from Bears new line-up; you should have a good time with it.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have looked at those bows also. i think it is a nice outfit. i might have to put one in layaway myself. i bet they shoot great. i have heard some nice things about those fred bear products.

4. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    congrats on the new Bow flatgetter ... thats a steal in my book ...

I also am getting a new Bow ... Im gonna practice with it this season as it will be my first time using a Bow ... im getting a Hoyt LazerTech my Draw Length is 31 inches and my Draw weight is 40 # heres a quick peek of the Bow ...

http://www.hoyt.com/products/lazerTec.tpl

it will take about 2 weeks to get here from the Company and for the Bow Shop to put all the goodies on it ... but i cant wait to start shooting

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Doesn't sound bad to me. I don't know why my walmart never has anyhting good for hunting or fishing. It drives me nuts.

6. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got my bow of layaway its a Jackie Bushmans Buckmaster, Wasnt sure of the model. I bought a ultra Knock, and some limbsavers. I got to get some arrows and it tuned(and stabilizer) and start shooting to get ready for hunting Season.

7. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It doesn't sound like a bad deal there Flatgetter. I bet ya can't wait to get her out. Post up some pic's when ya get it. Pick-A-Spot & Git-R-Done.:cool2:

8. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    cant beat that, what you gonna be huntin for this year?

9. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Fred Bear makes a good bow,but they had some trouble with the split limb design on that bow inparticular.:cool2:

10. Rickb6959

Rickb6959 New Member

State:
    Clayton NC
    Good deal on your new bow.You gota love Wally World:lol: