Got a new abu

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by matt, Nov 17, 2006.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6600 AB * Anti Backlash system fishing reel. has any body got one it looks nice i have not got to throw it yet lol if any body got one it is a good reel i love abus but never seen one like this

Attached Files:

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    it looks nice and i love my abus

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt that is a nice looking reel. That should last you many years. I like the Abus.. I use 7000c3. I bet you can't wait to try it out.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    One thing about it... I bet it will backlash. Thats controlled more by the man than by the reel. It is like driving a car - the man makes it go, he makes it stop, he makes it turn... car only does what it was designed to do.

5. 85Dave

85Dave New Member

State:
    Germantown, Tn
    I've got one like that. The anti-backlash does work, but you lose some distance.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The reel looks noce. I hope it works well for you.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    That's a sweet looking reel. let us know if the anti-backlash system is as good as they claim, if so, I'll have to have me one:eek:oooh:

8. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I've got several different ABUs in various sizes.......ALL will backlash....

OK, the backlash system does help, but it will take some of the distance out of the cast if that is important.... Over the years I've learned only one thing makes any reel backlash free, "your thumb" and sometimes I forget to use it......You've got a good reel don't let me detract from it........"use it like you own it." Catch a biggun......:big_smile:

9. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Matt
    If it's Abu it's great, all I own, have 8 of em in my boat right now, although I don't have one that big, it's next on my list. Best of luck with the catties you got the right stuff in your hands to take anything!!:big_smile:

10. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Since it is an ABU I am sure you will enjoy it for some time to come. I have 3-- 5500 c's and think of getting a 6500 or a penn 320.