Got a lot done today

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BAREFOOTFISHN and I did a little boat maintenance today. My big Merc on the Big Red Blunt was runnin' kinda rough. My brother diagnosed the problem to a faulty switch. He sent me a replacement. The old switch would intermittentantly activate the choke solenoid, which would dump fuel in the carbs off and on. It was runnin' rough and I saw a gas slick several times behind my boat last weekend. I had pulled the cover off the engine, saw gas drippin', and thought the lower carb floats were stickin', but apparently it was the faulty switch. We tested it in Lake Wallace today after the switch installation, and all seemed fine. Also replaced a faulty toggle switch that activates my live well. Earlier today, I got my lower unit back on the Tohatsu on my skiff. I cranked it and it runs and shifts well. I also ordered two new 6500 reels and two horizontal rod storage racks for the Blunt. My brother said if you have two boats runnin', your primary boat will never break!! :wink: Hope he's right!! Anyhow, if we can get a couple of people up for a crew to share expenses, we might just try the Bay again this weekend, or any weekend that we can get up a crew. I got the hankering to pull a few nice blues!!!! :smile2:
    Bill in SC

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Sounds like you got plenty done Bill. I can't blame ya for wanting to get out to the bay again, you guys had a great trip. By the way I really, really like how your new boat turned out. Cheap, roomy, powerful, and nicely equipped.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <By the way I really, really like how your new boat turned out. Cheap, roomy, powerful, and nicely equipped.>

I appreciate that, Wes. It really IS, ALL that, that your described, and it pleases me immensely! :smile2: You pretty much put them in their order of importance too, especially the "cheap" part being first and foremost! :wink: We'll hook up before too long for a trip, eh?

Bill in SC

4. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bill if you have the choke solenoid problem again ,some you can operate manualy ,just unplug wires turn red arrow to off. Your choke will not work but it will not dump fuel in your carbs.I had that problem before.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, Russell, I fully understand. My switch was in such BAD shape, it was about half coming apart, and just flopping around in there. When you wanted to activate the solenoid by pressing the key in, it would only occasionally activate it. On cold mornings, I was pulling the hood off and activating the solenoid by hand. On the flip side, occasionally when I was NOT pushing the key in, the floppy switch innards would activate the solenoid. I've never seen a switch completely come apart like that. Thanks for the reply!

Bill in SC

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man, I'd love to come down to SC and do a little fishing like that. See how you guys go about doing things!

I actually just got done looking for ski barges on boat trader:smile2: Only one 14ft model though...it was a pretty nice looking boat for a 14ft, definitely looked like it would be an upgrade from my 14ft jon boat. Too bad it's in OK. I just need to get me an 1870 jon boat and I'll be set. I got the motor just need to get the money for the boat:wink:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Man, I'd love to come down to SC and do a little fishing like that. See how you guys go about doing things!>

You are welcome ANYTIME. We'll make a plan around your schedule.

<I actually just got done looking for ski barges on boat trader:smile2: Only one 14ft model though...it was a pretty nice looking boat for a 14ft, definitely looked like it would be an upgrade from my 14ft jon boat. Too bad it's in OK. I just need to get me an 1870 jon boat and I'll be set.>

First and foremost when boat hunting is PATIENCE, and getting other folks to help you look. With the economy such as it is, deals are everywhere. Wish we coulda' got the 19 foot Ski barge for you that was up north for $800. THAT, was a steal!!

If the economy was better, I would consider getting into the business of buying boats with catfish potential, and rigging them RIGHT, COMFORTABLE, and DEPENDABLE, to resell for a reasonable, nominal profit.

Bill in SC

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I too got alot done today but it was all stuff on my honey-do list. I think I will get it finished up tommorow and fish the rest of the week. Wes I know where there are at least 2 of those ski barges around here. They arent for sale but like Bill said this is a buyers market and a boat just sitting around in someones yard just might be ogt gone for cheap.:wink: Let me know and i will try and check on a few of them. I have been off of work for the past 2 weeks and this might sound weird but I am ready to get back too work. In 2 weeks I have fished 11 days out of 14. Im tired and ready to get back too work and relax.:smile2: I go back oo work Monday-Thursday and then I am off on long break for the next 7 days and I will be ready to go back at them.:wink: I might squeeze a santee trip in before I go back.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a very fulfilling day, congrats brother

10. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Way to go Bill. Looks like you got a lot done. On top of that you ordered a couple of 6500's. SWEEET!
    :smile2:

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I didn't get anything done! I got the FLU!!!:sad2::crazy::eek:oooh:
    I will be fishing Saturday somewhere. My brother and a close friend have finally made up their minds to pick a Saturday and comit. I am looking forward to the trip, I don't see much of either of them. We all have young children and both of them had baby #2 within the last 6 months. I hope Santee or maybe a trip a little farther south. Bill and James let me know if ya'll go and where I might try to catch up with ya on the water. I had a good first 2 hours of my trip last weekend to Moultrie, the last 6 only yielded 2 fish of 12 and 8 lbs. Gotta fish!!!

Bill, I called Abu to order some reels and they gave me your number? Seems you have cornered the market!:eek:oooh: Thanks Ya'll and Happy New year!! See ya on the water!

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Bill, I called Abu to order some reels and they gave me your number? Seems you have cornered the market!:eek:oooh:>

Nyuk nyuk! :wink:

I am committing in '09, to fish 365 days!!! :crazy::eek:oooh::wink: Just kiddin', but wish I could! BTW: I also got my trim tab adjusted.

BB

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro

14. BAREFOOTFISHN

BAREFOOTFISHN New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey James, when is our next tournament? I tried to look on the cal. but guess I did'nt look in the right place.:confused2:

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will have all of th wrinkles ironed out by the end of the week.:wink: