Got a little scared

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by billNpam, Nov 10, 2008.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have to tell this story. I went out Friday evening for a little hunt. stayed in the ground blind to dusk and decided to go check out the hayfields that I have saw deer in before. I jumped on the 4 wheeler and off I went. I jumped 6 deer but could not get a shot at any as they were hauling the mail. So at this time I decided to go check another field so off I go but did not see anything. So I get back to the 4 wheeler and saw 3 deer out in the field about 150 yrds. I think I am a decent shot so I laid the gun across the seat and Boom the deer just stand there and look at me. So I shoot again Boom!!! and they slowly just walk off. So then I see another one about 80 yds and I shoot Boom it drops like a sack of potatoes. I jumped on the 4 wheeler and drive up to this little spike (owner says kill everything) I am still sitting on the 4 wheeler and reach down and jab this thing in the butt with my gun and Holy Crap it jumps up and wheels around and stares at me eye to eye less then two feet away. All those thoughts of getting gored and beat up by a deer come in my mind. I and trying to get off the 4 wheeler and he is circling me like a dog on a bone. Finally I get off and he runs about 20 yards and falls down so I quicky dispatched him with a head shoot. I went for a head shot the first time (baitchunker special) and I was off a little and just hit his bottom jaw and knocked him out I guess. But I will tell you this I cleaned some streaks out of my drawers.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Pam is gonna be cussing you when she washes them shorts. :eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I guess that is why you need to wait befor you go and ck it

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Killer story! LMAO - now that i know your ok!

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Kinda like putting an undead -dead squirrel in your game bag on a GRANDER scale !

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Lol you should be thankful it was just a small deer and not a full growing GRIZZLY BEAR lmao

7. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD

This is why I dont like head shots. I've seen too many deer running around with busted up bottom jaws. Very cruel way to die when they get away and cant eat or drink. There just isn't any room for error. Why risk it when a heart lung shot is such a larger target?

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    ABSOLUTELY 100% the TRUTH! I hate to see wounded animals. If you hunt, errors will occasionally occur, but for crying out loud, keep your weapons zeroed in and shoot into the larger kill zone. Much more efficient way to dispatch game.
    Bill in SC

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You have to let those things die before you jump on them

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    glad you're okay. i spine shot a deer and didn't realize it was still alive till it kicked me in the chest. it's always funny to everyone else.

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My old boss hit one with his truck on his way to work. Being old school, he thought the first thing to do was to castrate it. With his pocket knife in one hand, he grabbed a hand full of nads, and got one hoof in the face and the other in the chest. He won't live that down for a long time!

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a scary story:eek:oooh:

13. Oldtroll

Oldtroll New Member

State:
    King NC.
    Think about what the deer thought, "first you try an run me over, then you try and cut off my,,,,,, I DON'T THINK SO"... LOL.