Got a good deal on glowsticks today!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Jan 4, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I went in the Dollar Tree today and was looking around and happened to stumble onto a big pile of different kinds of glowsticks.Anywhere from 8"-2 feet long.All kinds different packages of 12-15 8" flexible glowsticks for a buck apiece.I only bought a few packs,wanted to make sure their good quality.I broke a couple open when I got home and they work great!!! I spent $4 on a good supply of glowsticks compared to $1 for 2- 3" sticks.I think I'll go get some more to stock up.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I've bought some like that also. Made for kids to play with. I just tape them to the end of my rod and they work great.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I tape mine to a slip bobber.Its always worked great for me.
    Those are the ones,made for kids to play with.

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have used 8" glow sticks from Wild Wolf for a year. you can't beat the price and quality.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I've wanted to order some bobbers from him,they look great! Whenever I get the $ I'm gonna place an order.Most of my flatheads are caught under a float.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My nephews and I have stuck them on jugs night fishing. It looks neat when a bay has all kinds of little lights floating on it.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    John when I go camping with the Grandkids I go by dollar tree and buy any where from 10 to 15 dollars worth of those sticks in various sizes and use some fishing and also for the kids. they don't have as long of a life as some I have seen but for the time they will work. The grand kids hang them all over the toon when we are out on it.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    To those that tape to their rods. Netman taught me this trick. I used to spend some time attaching and removing lights from my rods too and sometimes it was just plain aggravating. Now I attach them by making the bracelet out of them so the lighted circle goes around the rod between the first two eyelets and under the line. Make sure you detach them as you cast. Usually I just add them before I put them in a rod holder.

9. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks everybody for the info and tips... gonna give this a try! (If son doesn't nab them all to use as light sabres for his Star Wars dudes) :roll_eyes:

Have a wonderful day! :smile2:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Last time I got some off of Gene it was $15 for 100 8" Glowsticks. You can't beat .15 a piece for em. Work great, I get half and Madison takes half I think. lol

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I use 1.5" glowsticks on the end of My rods. We stumblesd across a deal on them $4 for a box of 100 individualy packaged glow sticks. Cleaned them out! I think between My partner and Myself we have around 1000

Also a company called Rod n Bobb's sells little kits with a rubber deal to attach to Your rod tip that holds a 1.5" glowstick. they work pretty good. You just jamb a stick into the rubber piece and your ready to go....much eaiser then taping them on every time.