got a ? for all of ya

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by natethe great, Mar 30, 2008.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    hey guys umm im looking to buy a fish/depth finder here pretty soon ans i was wondering what kind everyone had and if they didnt like it what they wish they had cause i work at the local lake and can get SOME :angry:things at price but i need to know what i am expecting out of different products im looking in the 1-300 dollar range well please help me if u can till next time good fishing

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    i have a Garmin Fishfinder 140 not the best but works . i want the hummingbird side image but could never bring myself to spend that kinda cash

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd just get one of the cheaper depth finder/GPS units. They have one that isn't color for about $279. That's probably what I'm going to get when I get another one. To be honest with you though until this fall I never even had a depth finder and I still caught a respectable amount of fish. You just have to be able to read the shoreline and the water/current(mainly in rivers). You can look at the bank and have a pretty good idea of what it does under water as well as what kind of bottom you're looking at.

4. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    thanks guys i think im going to get either a humminbird or and eagle not sure though i feel the same way side view is wayyyyyyyyyy to much but wouyld be nice to look at well like i said thanks and till next time good fishing

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds good im sure you will be able to find the fish and catch them with that

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    one question i would ask myself, do i need a gps? in most cases no, so i would get a full color depth finder eagle makes a nice one, the full color will help you find the schools of shad and mark fish much easer, and if you want a gps i would get a hand held one that way you not stuck taking your boat deer hunting or back packing, You know i have a depthfinder/gps unit on my boat what you don't know is that i had a magellan gps hand held unit on my boat for a few years first till i was able to get what i have now.

7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    bass pro shop has the garman 300c on sale for 199.

8. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    thanks jeff ill look into that :wink:

9. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I use an Eagle 320 and it's a pretty fair unit for the money. I really like it. One with GPS would be better suited for me though as I run mostly shallow water duckhunting. I don't get much use out of the detail my unit is capable of.

10. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Nate Ive got the Humminbird 535.... not and expensive unit by far but it does the job at hand. I believe you can pick it up for under $200.

11. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a Humminbird 717. It's excellent for the money. Great detail and all the bells and whistles I want. I shopped a lot and this was the best value with all things considered in my oppinion.