Got a dog?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bobo cat, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bobo cat

bobo cat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Our family lost our beloved dog this week. His passing has left a huge void in our lives. We have been telling funny little stories about Rocco to get thought it.{How when he ran up to one of our neighbors and pee'd on her leg, I thought I was gonna die of embarrassment !} I was just wondering if anyone else had a story about their dog that they would like to share.

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    no dog story ,But welcome to the BOC/SOC glade to have you on board

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I have a story to share about our dog Ginger. She was an English Springer Spaniel. She was like a child to us. Going everywhere with us, swimming in our pool and the lake I fish. My wife was so attached to her. At that time we didn't have any children. Kim (my wife) spoiled the heck out of her. Ginger was a very smart dog. I took her hunting for Pheasants. She never had any previous training, except for dog obedience classes. We both miss her very much. Someday we are planning on getting another dog, maybe 2. We both love the English Springer Spaniel breed very much and that's what we will have again.

Ginger died at the rightfull age of 10 yrs. from a tumor in the spleen.

Thanks for the thread Shannon..
    Mark..

4. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Shannon, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. They sure do become a big part of our lives and saying goodbye is never easy. I had a dog being trained for tracking some years back. In front of a crowd of people I stopped with him and began chatting with a police officer that was there. The crowd began clapping and as I looked to see what was going on I saw my dog with his leg cocked giving the officer all he could right on the officer's leg. Thank God the officer had a good sense of humor and to this day we still laugh about the incident. Dogs are wonderful creatures and I hope you fill the void left in your life with another wonderful and loyal dog. Take care and once again...sorry to hear of your loss...

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Shannon, I know where you and your family are at now. My family and I went
    through the same thing June 3 when we lost our dog Belle from a blood clot
    after surgery. Belle was a brindle Boxer and she loved everyone especially
    my grandbabies. Some times we would make like we were mad at the grand-
    children and raise our voices at them and Belle would step between us and
    them and give a deep low growl, she didn't like that one bit. I have never seen
    a more humble dog than Belle but I really believe she would bite some one
    over those children. Belle was 10 when we lost her and its hard, they are so
    much a part of your lives. We had such a void in our lives. Finally in late Aug.
    we had settled enough we got a new dog her name is Zoey she is a boston
    terrier she 8 weeks old now and she is a trip. I hope I have helped some
    It takes time to get over the loss of a dear friend be it man or beast.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I can certainly sympathize. Growing up we had a German Shepherd/Beagle mix that my parents got a few years before I was born. He was like a big brother to me and my sister and a son to my parents. He ended up living 18 long years. When I was 12 my parents got a Yellow Lab/Cocker Spaniel mix that lived to be 17 1/2. It is definitely hard when they pass on, but definitely worth it for the memories we have of them.

My wife and I have twin Yellow Lab/Golden Retrievers that are now 2 years old. We kid about our "4 legged babies" and our "2 legged babies" since they are just like kids to us.