Gorilla wolverine climber

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by Katfish Kern, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I just bought a gorilla wolverine climber from wally world the other day. It was only a 100 bucks and I couldnt resist. Can anybody tell me if it was worth it or will I have something else to hang in my shed?? Thx in advance.

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    i have one that a buddy gave me. it took a little getting used to, but overall i like it. its ligh, 18#, just remember to hook the straps to the moveable arms once you get up in the tree or it will slide down. another thing i did was cut off the web seat and replaced it with a sling style seat like the summuts have.
    chip

3. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Are you sure it's only 18 pounds? My buddy bought one there and I thought it's the one you're talking about. If I'm right, it's almost 30 pounds. Nice solid stand. But heavy and hard to carry. Great for shorter trips. If it's only 18 pounds you'll be o-k. but 30 wears on you. By the time you get to your tree your wet from sweating, and get cold after being in your tree for some time.

4. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    they make an aluminum and steel, the steel must be the 30# one. the one i have has the arms that move and hug the tree, although i don't like that aspect of them

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Chip
    That is a good idea. I have one and the thing I dislike about it is the web type seat. I am going to get me a sling type seat for it. I like to sit low in the stand like the Summit sling seat does.
    I like to put blind material around the seat part of the stands.

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va

with the web seat i felt topheavy in that stand, also seems to grab tree better with a lower center of gravity.
    chip

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    That is a good description of how I felt :wink: Was having trouble finding the word for the way it made me feel. I like sitting lower to where my head is the only thing above the frame of the top portion of the stand. I always put the camo burlap you buy at Wally world around the top frame. It serves 2 purposes for me 1 total concealment 2 it makes a real good wind break. I don't use the stands much this season hurt my back in June and tree stands are not cripple friendly. To me at least.