Gorilla Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Aug 26, 2007.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :0a21:I found some Gorilla Braid on clearance for a couple of bucks today and I bought 2 spools of 50lb test. I wanted to know if anyone has used it before. How did it perform? Thanks in advance for any info. :0a23::0a1:

2. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I have had good luck with it. Never used it in that pound test though.
    I used it for years on my flipping rods. Then it got hard to find so I started using fireline.

3. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I found some on clearance also so I bought a spool of 35# test to try. I haven't had a problem with it yet and overall it seems to be a pretty good line. I guess time will tell.

4. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Thanks for the information.
    I think I will try some if I can find it on sale

5. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have used both gorilla braid and power pro to see if there was a difference in the two. The power pro is a much better braid.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Gorilla is more like the braid of old. Its not a super line. Line capacity is less with Gorilla than with other braids.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have some and it works OK. It is a lot thicker in diameter than the super braids like Spiderwire.

8. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I have 35# gorilla braid on my three reels. It's works good.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I think it gets better after a few trips, never had any problems with it, got some as a gift years back work ok for the season. Use spiderwire on most everything nowadays just because we found it on sale one day for $5 a 330 yrd. spool so we bought just about every one they had on the rack, don't care to much for the yellow stuff tho, it's kinda thick but for the price can't complain, right.