Gore-Tex

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Northstar, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Sometimes you should have just stayed home. Last night was not good. To start the night of sombody stole my bluegills that I use for bait. I kept them in a bucket in the creek by my house. It took me Another hour to get more bait. Next I get to the launch and relize that my box with hooks Etc... is at home. Two hours later than I had planed I'm fishing. Next I hook a huge fish. He came right at the boat and I thought I might be able to net him, So I reach for the net and step on the dog just as the fish gives a giant head shake and rips the rod right out of my hand and into the river. I decide to on. My anchor is set out of the water on a log on the back side of a log jam. I lean out to pluck it off the log and next thing I know I'm smimming. Went all the way under. It's time to go home. I had all my cloths on and my Gore-Tex Bibs. My jacket was was in the boat. I striped down and put just the jacket and bibs on. I have a 40 minute run to make back to the launch and its not warm out. By the time I got back to the lunch I was about frozen. If I did not have the Gore-tex gear I would have been spending the night by a fire on the side of the river.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Not good!

LOL, that was a chain of signals to just stay home.. :wink:

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sorry to hear about how things whent for ya out there. Im just glad that you made it back safely after falling in...had a Marine out here that was not so lucky over the holiday weekend. Stay safe and better luck next time:wink:.

4. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Well, that is worse than the worst luck I have ever had, I have only ever had regular bad luck. A dropped stringer of catfish in the creek sent me tumbling in after it (of course I didn't get it), that was a bad day. Or the day I got the huge circle hook stuck in my hand. Or the day my trolling motor battery died, my outboard battery was dead and it would not pull start, and I was on the wrong side of the lake without a phone and without oars, by myself. Some hum dingers of bad days happen to the best of us, like yourself. Sorry for your luck.

Just like a loss in a baseball game, there is always tomorrow to look forward to.

5. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    This is awesome! It feels so friggin good that this doesn't only happen to ME!!! Yeah i bet you did freeze, I'm goin out on Saturday eve from the DNR park launch on W.River, and the forcast at night is sposed to dip into the 40's?!?!?!? WOW, maybe this is a bad sign to begin with, probably cursing myself right now for a night full of terror like yours! LOL! BTW I bought a new knife from my last episode if you guy's remember LOL!