Gordons Fault???

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by jesse s, Mar 4, 2008.

1. jesse s

jesse s New Member

State:
    Kansas
    What are some of your opinions on the get together with Matt Kenseth?

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Since you started the thread maybe you would like to give us your opinion first. I think the title of your thread gives us a pretty good clue. How about it?
    BTW,Welcome to the BOC/SOC!

3. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i don't think it was anything more than the 24 got a big jump low and the 17 got a big jump high and the 24 couldn't stay down ............17 was faster than the 88 but the 24 wasn't and the 24 took a chance on gettin ahead of both of them and he couldn't hold the car down.........GO 88 !!!!:wink:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I see it the way as Coach. Gordon did admit he made a mistake on the air when interviewed after the race.

5. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    As much as I dislike Gordon I think it was the tires fault. They were way to hard for that track and Gordon just slid up!!

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    it was the 88's fault. if he had not spun his tires he would not have had a car passing him high and low. gordon was on the wrong side as he could not hold the car down and slid up and into kenseth. it was definately not the fault of kenseth. but maybe he could have driven just a little faster and been out of the way. carl was fast enough to get out of the way. that is 2 races that he has had a very fast car.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I don't think you can really blame a driver if he's doing all he can and the car slips up, breaks loose or something like that...it's unexpected. He didn't do anything intentional or stupid to cause it. So I think it's just one of them deals that is gonna happen to everyone sometime or another.

8. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Im guessing tufffish is one of the one's that hate Dale Jr.. Blame a man for trying all he can to win a race. Yea he spun his tires and Gordon and Matt did all they could not to run into the back of him becase the are very good racers. If it had been Kyle Bush behind the 88 he would have took out about 6 cars trying to show his a$$ and not caring if he takes out good cars just trying to get a win!

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know if you could put the blame on anyone in that case. The driver in 1st place can dictate how fast the start shale be. the 2nd place driver spun his wheels,drivers in 3rd and fourth had to back off some. It looked to me like one of those racin things drivers talk about.Blame anyone you want,or blame knowone and enjoy the finish of a good race. smokey

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the boc jesse

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    As mentioned before, nobodys fault...cant blame anyone out there trying to win a race in the closing laps. Gordon could have just sat there in 4th place and ride it out for a good finish and move up in points, but his instincts took over and he went in for the kill.

12. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I think it was just one of those racing deals.Was a good race and onto Atlanta were hopefully the winner doesn't cheat.

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i guess if you had to blame someone it would have to be JR for spinning his wheels but it happens sometimes.I think gordo and kenseth both seen an opening and went for it,and gordhos car didnt stick and went up the track.It was just one of those things i guess.On the flip side if his car stuck to the bottom who knows how many positions he could have had so i cant say i blame him.Man you know how hard it was for me not to bash gordon but actually take up for him?oh boy i think im going to be sick:eek:oooh:lol.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hey now lol.

ya since were starting that i agree, 88's fault:smile2:

15. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I had to see what you would say about that.Basically in the end it was the most expensive back flip to date.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I could care less who's fault it was.
    Fans live for racing, cautions and tore up race cars.
    I think they got all of the above.

I'm telling you, I have been a long time fan of real stock car racing.
    If they didnt go out and tear up some equipment up in spectacular fashion I wouldnt give a flip about it. The short track grandstands all across America would be empty.

As for who's fault that wreck was?
    Jr's? What joke.
    Kenseth's? An even bigger joke.
    Jeff Gordon? Now you are right on target.
    Jeff Gordon had the wheel and pedals in that car. Nobody else.
    He chose to push it off turn 2 and it didnt stick.
    Jr's fault? Gordon was pedaling all the way through the turn.
    You pedal cause you aint sticking, not because you done passed Jr.

Thanks Gordon. You tore up some equipment. The flying radiator was great too.
    You hit that wall hard enough it looked like you were wanting to take a piece of it home with you or something.

Its racing folks. You aren't going to win crap being timid.
    We see these situations work out for Gordon all the time. This time it didnt.
    He's not bullet proof, but he is a darn good race car driver though.

17. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you arent pushing the limits, you arent racing, you might as well stay home. Who's fault? Gordon's of course. Was it intentional? No way. Would he do it again? He!! yes, they all would.
    It was meerly a "racing incident", men pushing the limits of themselves, their cars, and what appeared to be the offending part amongst alot of them, tires. I think Goodyear and Nascar could have made a better choice on tire compound. Nobody was sticking well. If you saw the slowmo replay, Gordons splitter was the only part that touched Matts car, and just barely. Thats all it took to turn Matt around.

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    When the spotter says GREEN FLAG - go Go GO! Everyone expects the car in fron to start rolling faster lol. If someone spins tires, he ain't gonna go as fast as the cars behind. What should they do? Wait patiently for him to get up to speed while being passed on both sides, or try to go around? They only have a split second to make a race changing/winning decision.