Gordon Moore isnt dead

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jnagel, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Went to gordon moore lake today, had constant hits and cought 6 nice channels from 2-6pm on sonnys blood. I even had something snap 20lb line i didnt really think there were any cats that big in there i guess it was a cat i seen it surface a distance away couldent tell if it was but i dont know what else bites stink bait. It was just the pickmeup i needed after being layed off for so long. All said it was an awsome day.:smile2:

Also i had to screw with my friend who has not hooked one fish since last summer. i grabed a gift box, wraped up the biggest catfish head i had in paper and wrote a nice lil note rubbing in the good fishing lol:eek:oooh: you should of seen his face it was like the guy waking up in the godfather.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the cats and thanks for the fishing report. Good luck in the future

3. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Went back to gordon moore this afternoon with my buddy, once agian, slayed the channels, i found this part of the lake where a fence in the water makes a wing damn pretty much, came home with a 20lb stringer, the whole family and some friends had catfish nuggets tonight, caught three mammas full of eggs and released them in good condition, its a good sign of things to come:tounge_out:. Channels dont even spawn untill may but they were slamin rods like it was late summer.

4. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Congratulations on the great fishing trips. Hope you have more like them.:cool2:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats jake think i may just have to come that way soon im dieing for a good day of fishing lol

6. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    If all goes well the river should be back to normal late next week, till then i'm stickin with my fav local lakes. I need to get a camera so i can show you guys some of these beautiful colored channels i've been catching. I wish yall the best of luck on your next trips.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    gona hit gordon more hear in a few hope you left me a few Jake lol

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    AWESOME!!! I've been seeing a lot of boats out on lake shelbyville the last week or so. Seems like they are mainly crappie fishing though. I would love to get on some good channels right now :D

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well fishing today at gordone moore stunk i got the big skunk:sad2::sad2:

10. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Where did ya fish at dallas? i went today before the rain and was catchin them. I'm not tryin to say the catfishin there is like santee-cooper, you for sure gotta work to find them. i've been lucky and found a honey hole that has produced for me the past few trips. Most people consider gordon moore a waste of time but its close to home and it produces for me, thats all that matters:roll_eyes:

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Jake i fished on the side whear you can park your car right abouve the little park bench

12. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah, i'm kinda curious where you're at too.....i can't seem to get a bite there either and i've been skunked there twice this year....i fish the opposite side of the fence that dallas is talking about....from there all the way to the dog leg in the corner

13. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I go on the other side of the old swimming area off to the right of where you were, i probly saw you over there the other day. Yesterday as i was gettin there DNR was out in the lake adding some bluish green stuff treating the lake i dont know how it affects the fish but i still managed to pull out two. I'm heading back there today. all i do is cast by the concrete poles at the end of the fence. that fence is so clogged up with junk it acts like a wing damwhen the current is right its awsome, i fish three poles with the spred going from mid fence to past the poles. i always seem to get my hits past the poles.

14. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah...i know the place...works similar on the other side off the concrete poles....i also am curious of getting across the lake...behind the old lifeguard deck...

15. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    you can get back there, its just a hike through some brush there is a trail that runs along over there. I went this morning and got nothing but the blue gill wernt even biting so whatever they treated it with has the fish laying low for awhile

16. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i hope thay treated it with some thing to keep that slime from coming back it was awfull last year:eek:oooh: around the edge of the lake

17. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    i forgot about that last year it was real bad the back pond there was totally slimed over:eek:oooh: