GooseCreek Resevior in South Carolina

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mr Phatkat, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    anybody out there ever catfish in this lake? Ive seen a few people with small ones out of there, but i dont know if they are a real presence there.

2. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    I used to fish it all the time in the winter. Biggest I ever got out of there was a 12 lb flathead. You get a mix bag of blues, flatheads and bullheads out of there. I usually used cut menhaden on a float.

3. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    i decided to give them a try at this res. today. No catfish, a few small bluegill& 3white bass(about 3/4lb or so). I did see a guy with 3 nice largemouth.

4. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    Tried it again yesterday after church. Caught a couple crappie, adozen or so keeper bream. Still havent found the catfish. I did catch about a 2.5lb rockbass!

5. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Best thing I can tell you is if you got a boat, come out the ramp and go left. Fish the coves where there is alot of structure next to the land. I've never really fished for cats in the warm weather. But Iknow they are in there in the winter time. I usually catch 12-15 in the mornings on cut menhaden on a float.

6. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    Thanks for the info Chewy. I went out there yesterday and went to the left and fished the two coves on the right. It was only 3ft deep there. I had some frozen menhadden and fresh cut bream. I caught 3 mudfish. One of them had to be about 20lbs! I did find a hole in the middle of open water that went from 6ft to 14.5 that was about 18yrds long. I also caught a very small bullhead as it started gettin dark. Caught it on stink bait. Hey Just1more, I had lost my voicemail password, so i had to reset my phone which caused me to wipe out all of my numbers. In short, i donthave ur number anymore. When u can, give me a call so we can get out there.

7. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Not a problem, I'll give you a call in a week or so. I guess i have to give up my spots out there for all to enjoy.

8. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    Lol, I left that last part of my message for someone else ( the call me part). Sorry i wasnt clear. U can feel free to call too though man. Especially if ur wantin to give up the hotspots,lol:wink: . Seriously though if u wanna hook up, works slowin down for me this week and next week so get with me.

9. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    I dont think there are many people who target cats in this lake but i finally did manage 3 blues (about 3-5lbs) and 8bullhead(which are my favorite eating fish). I caught them all on cut bream. I also caught a 7lb11oz bass which i showed off to a couple of bassers then threw back. I caught it on a live bream hopin to get a flathead.