Goose Jerky Merinade?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by GrainDrain, Feb 12, 2006.

1. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    What is the best thing to soak about 20-25 pounds of canadian goose in and for how long to make the best tasting jerky. I have a neighbor who has a commercial jerky maker and i am going to use that to dehydrate the meat. I kinda of what it spicey.

I have been told to use butter milk or vinegar, but nothing else to get the gamey taste out.

And how much jerky will i get out of the 20-25 pounds of just meat, no skin or bones?

2. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Use Worchestershire, Soy, Brown Sugar, Accent, Liquid Smoke, Garlic & Onion Powder, and any of your favorite spices to make an excellent marinade. I like to marinade for at least 12 hours, preferably 24. You should get around 8 pounds or so of jerky. God bless.

3. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    OK thanks that is just what i wanted to hear, but will that take the gamey taste out, do i need to add buttermilk or vinegar also? And how much of all that stuff.

P.S. I am glad to hear that i will get that much jerky, someone told me only like 2-3 pounds.

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    You don't need to add anything else but these ingredients and it will taste fine. If you want a better way to prepare them, take and marinade them in a quality steak marinade like Midwestern's or similar product and make sure they are cut into smaller chunks so they'll marinade well. Marinade them for at least 24 hours and put them on a smoker and smoke them until they are medium rare. Absolutely the best you'll ever put in your mouth. AWESOME stuff right there. God bless.