Goose Hunting: Have You Used?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by duck_killr, Mar 2, 2006.

1. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    Hey Guys I Am Really Irritated With My Avery Finisher Field Blind. I Am Considering A Beavertail Field Blind. I Have Seen The Video On Them But Have Never Actually Seen One. Just Wanted To Know If Any Of You Guys Have Hunted Out Of One, Or Even Seen One In Person. The Thing I Like About Them Is They Have No Frame And Store Really Nice. I Just Wonder How They Hunt.

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whats wrong with the finisher? Just curious to the problems you are having with it because I kinda like em. I have a finisher, migrator and final approach pro guides. I dont think i care for the frameless ones but thats just me. Just curious as to why you dont like it and if you want to sell it.

3. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    Well It Is Kinda My Fault. It Blew Out Of My Boat At 70 Mph And Bent The Frame I Had To Repair The Peice That Broke. That Is Not The Whole Reason I Don't Like Em. Before The Incident I Had A Hard Time Breaking My Blind Down. It Didn't Fit Together Really Well. It Pinched My Fingers When I Was Trying To Put It Up In The Mornings. I Saw The Video On Beavertails And Liked The Design. But I Am Not Sure How They Are To Shoot Out Of, See Out Of, Or Even How Comfortable They Are To Lay In. They Also Set Up Really Fast, And If You Are Like Me I Usually Cut It Close On My Time When I Am Setting Up In The Afternoons. Avery Makes A Good Blind I Just Was Looking At Another Option. The One Thing I Like Least About It Is That It Is Not User Friendly To Repair. I Had To Saw The Frame In Two And Slide The New Plastic Peice On And Put A Piece Of Conduit Over As A Bridge.

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    It is great to "film" out of. I used one in Canada when I filmed for Buck Gardner in 2004 and loved it. It was the cat's meow for filming in the swathes up there. Haven't tried one in the states. I use the Power Hunter for filming/hunting out of now, or the Final Approach Pro Guide. God bless.

5. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Are you looking to sell it?? because i have goose hunted for a few years now without one, and i really want/need one. i jus dont feel like buying a brand new one. send me a private message if u have any interest.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Duck Killr, you pulling the door covering over the frame when you try laying it down?? Hope that made sense??