Goose hunters

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by quackkillsduxs, Feb 5, 2006.

1. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    Im gonna try my hand at goose hunting. Anybody else down south hunting, i dont even know the seasons but i think there is like a pest control season down hear

2. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I would check the DNR website for the state that you will be traveling too, then you can see how much everything will run you and limit of geese that you can take.

chris

3. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hunt with a group of guys all around Texas. I usually hunt ducks but I'll tell you goose hunting is awesome!! I love every minute of it. If you need any advice I'll be happy to help

4. quackkillsduxs

State:
    madison mississippi
    yea i dont have any land to goose hunt on but i wouldnt think some farmers would mind if you asked them? what kind of land should i look for with geese?

5. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    The best land would be corn, winter wheat, and peanut fields. Do y'all have that up north? Usually farmers don't mind at all. If they do offer them like 20-30 bucks to hunt on thier land and they will usually very happy to let you hunt. When your scouting fileds look for droppings and feathers if you don't see geese in the field. I would also look at the goose fly pattern in your area. If you can't get field X (the field the geese are in), try to get in thier flight path. Do you have a goose call and decs?

6. quackkillsduxs

State:
    madison mississippi
    i think im going to go get some of the sock decoys. any thing negative about em?

7. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think wind socks would do alright up north. Canada socks don't work down south though. The geese get wise by the time they get down here. I don't know much about socks, because they don't work down here. So I would do some research.

8. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    Oh and if the ground gets hard pounding in 4-5 dozen stakes in the ground sucks bad.