Google Jobs from the house???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Scooter, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been seeing this on my news page when I check my emails and get pop-ups frequently on it about Google hiring people to work from their homes and get a weekly salary but dont know how true it holds. If i'm not mistaken its been on tv local news to.:cool2: Post what yall know about it.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    same here see the adds but never really checked into them..

3. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    sounds to good to be true!

4. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee

Thats what i'm thinking.:eek:oooh:

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Are the Google work at home job opportunities advertised on the Internet and in emails for real? The short answer is no. While there are an extremely limited number of work at home jobs for Google, the Google work at home kits and other Google job opportunities found in search engine ads and emails are work at home scams.
    The Federal Trade Commission has cracked down of Google work at home scams. These “opportunities” employ one of the most typical techniques for work-at-home scams by associating their product with something trusted, in this case Google.

According to Snopes, some Google work at home job ads purported to charge $2 as a nominal fee to help Google find the serious applicants, but really ended up charging $80 a month to the scam victims' credit cards. In addition to scams that promote non-existent jobs at Google, there are also home business kits promising big money with little effort by using Google Adsense.

More on Google Jobs and Work at Home Opportunities
    While the vast majority of the Google jobs at home opportunities are scams, there are a few legitimate ones.
    Working for Google in a Home Setting – The California-based company is known for its employee-friendly Mountain View campus and quirky corporate culture. So, given the investment in Google’s workplace, it’s no surprise that the company’s culture does not emphasize telecommuting. That said, there are a few legitimate Google work at home opportunities. But Google is pretty quiet about advertising for these jobs, which are mostly for people with foreign language skills, and it does the hiring for these independent contractor jobs through a temporary agency.

Using Google Adsense to Build an Online Work-at-Home Business – If you run a website, you can bring in revenue by placing Google ads on your site. This is a business that takes time to build as you must have traffic to your website in order for the Google ads to bring in revenue. Some work-at-home scams imply that you can make money off Google ads immediately or that you don’t need a website. Be very wary of these claims.

Finding a Work-at-Home Opportunity through “Google Ads” aka Sponsored Links – When you do a search on Google (or any other search engine), along with your results usually come ads or sponsored links that look a lot like your search results (see example. When it comes to working at home these Google Ads or sponsored links, are almost always work at home scams. Legitimate employers don’t blast their job ads throughout cyberspace hoping to find someone based on the search terms they used, but con artists do.

6. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah just thinking about it I knew it almost had to be another scam.:angry:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rule of thumb for scams.... If it sounds too good to be true, it's a scam.