Google earth

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by beaneye46, Jul 7, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    there is a program you can download called google earth which gives you satelite images of anywhere in the world, but i use it to spot out good looking spots on the river.
    has anyone ever used it?

2. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use terraserver

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I do, it is awesome! I also used it in a post to point out several good areas to fish at my local lake since you can save it as a pic. Used 3 of them to get the whole lake but I love it since it's a real picture and much better than just a graphic.

4. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I use GoogleEarth but it's not very detailed and it's out of date. I use it to find access on a lake and such. I don't riverfish much but I guess it would be good for that, unless the river course and depth varies every two years or so.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Google Earth is at least 4 years old. I can zoom in on my uncles place and it shows that it is still being built. LMAO

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Google Earth is awesome. Some of the maps are older, but unless you are working at the Pentagon, day old maps are impossible to come by. It all depends on when the last survey was done. The major cities have more detailed and current maps.

Terraserver has some really old stuff. The maps on there of my area are from 1994.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I once used it to check out my mom's new garage in Cleveland, Ohio from Arizona. I also checked out the base that I am stationed at and it even shows our jets parked on our flght line! That program is wicked!

8. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Where do you find google earth?

Ken

9. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    Google Earth is alright but Microsoft's Local.live.com is better. It has aerial photos but also a feature called Birdseye view which brings you in very close and you can even rotate it to look at something from anydirection. And it is free.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I love google earth it helps fishing and duck hunting for me. Thjey have a pro version that is mroe detailed but is quite pricey. I have seen some images on there that are quite up to date.

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I just downloaded google earth and its pretty freakin awesome. Everyone can definitely use this free program to their advantage.

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    its REALLY cool if you can figure out how to work it but i can never find my fishin spots on it though.....its hard to search for a single spot on a river bank but if you now an exact location its pretty good

13. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I love those programs.

14. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am sorry to disagree but I just looked at both side by side and Google got closer everytime.

15. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like google earth. It might ba a little out of date, but it is still very helpful. And neat.