Gooey eyed and sentimental:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Nov 30, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Natural, normal and to be expected I guess. The Christmas spirit permeates the board. Avatars are avataring, minds are a goin', the grog is being chugged, (for those that imbibe, everybody else is drinking colored bottled water). Lists are being pruned and cheapened up. Everybody is out killing Santa's reindeer. Trees are dying to turn into fire hazards. Fights and tempers are astirrin', just a wonderful time of the year.

Some quotes to think about:

Bart Simpson. "Aren't we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know...the birth of Santa.

W.J Cameron: "There has only been one Christmas. The rest are anniversaries."

Eva K. Logue: "A Christmas candle is a lovely thing: It makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away while quite unselfish, it grows small." (ain't that romantic?)

Larry Wilde: "Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."

Post(Wish it were 08)Beetle.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    It's no good trying to convince us you are the BAH, HUMBUG king.
    We all know that under that festering old crust you still believe in Santa...W

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    one more thing you guys can celebrate. my birthday is December 25. i will be 27 years old this year. and i know exactly what you mean John. its getting cold out here, i am sick, everyone wants to be in the "christmas spirit" but no-one really knows what that even is anymore. i drive through town and see Feliz Navidad more than i see Merry Christmas. the day time highs are still in the 70's here but its geting down into the lower 50's upper forties at night. its all nice and sunny, how can you get ready for christmas like that. there is no christmas songs on the radio, there are not many christmas lights up, i am so glad i am going home to South Carolina for christmas this year.

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    PB, you just need a few more of those "DUCK" pictures to get ya in the christmes spirit, or maybe the car pictures would be better.:wink::wink:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sheila, I thought Kat might put some "Ducks" in your avatar, guess he couldn't find them.

I know he is a car crazy guy too. Make sure he polishes the hood "ornaments" until they shine.

LOL.

In the spirit of the Brotherhood and Sisterhood, my thoughts go out to the two of you. John.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Listen to sgt (BOO-HOO Boo-hoo) Upper 70 try 40 if yer lucky and night we are talkin high 20 low 30s:wink: dont you freeze out there.Its still fishin weather:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY I KNOW I AM EARLY