good year for muddy river outfitters

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by big cat, Dec 27, 2008.

1. big cat

big cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST YEAR IVE HAD ON MY SHALLOW RIVER FISHING IVE NEVER REALLY CAUGHT ANYTHING WORTH TALKING ABOUT ON THIS RIVER BUT THIS YEAR I DID. I GOT UP AT 5:30 AND GOT MY SMALL 10FT JON BOAT UNLOADED AND HAD TO PARK AT A FREINDS HOUSE JUS BECAUSE I DIDNT LIKE TO LEAVE ANYTHING SIT SO I WALKE ABOUT A MILE AND GOT ON THE WATER BETWEEN6:00AND6:30 AND IT WAS A WARM FOGGY MORNING GREAT FOR FISHING SO I GOT MY CHUBS CUT IN HALF AND I WAS USING THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND MY FREIND WAS USING THE FRONT AND HE REALLY DOESNT KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT FISHING OR HUNTING I TAUGHT HIM EVERYTHING HE KNOWS ABOUT HUNTING AND FISHING I MEAN HE DIDNT KNOW HOW TO CAST AND HE NEVER SHOT A GUN BEFORE AND NOW HE KNOWS JUST ABOUT AS MUCH AS ID DO WELL WE HEADE ABOUT A MILE DOWN THE RIVER AND FOUND A NICE DEEP BEND BELOW A ROCK FALL WITH BROKE OFF STORM DRAINS AND I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHY IT WAS SUCH A GOOD PLACE WELL WE THREW OUT AND ABOUT 10MIN. LATER MY POLE JUST TOOK OFF SO I GRABBED IT AND FOUGHT THIS FISH UPSTREAM FOR ABOUT 15MINUTES AND IT WAS A NICE 10IB CHANNEL WE ENDED UP GOING 12MILES DOWN THE RIVER AND CAUGHT OUR LIMIT OF CHANNELS FOR BOTH OF US AND THEY ALL WEIGHED FROM 5IB ALL THE WAY TO 20IBS AND THIS RIVER YOU COULD WALK THREW WITH JUST SOME GOOD HOLES THAT TOOK ME 2YEARS TO FIND ALL OF THESE GOOD HOLES BUT IT WAS WORTH IT AND YOU JUST CANT BEAT MEMORIES LIKE THAT WHEN YOURE WITH A FREIND WHO WAS CATCHING AS MANY FISH AS YOU WERE WHEN YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOU HARD TELLING WHAT HE WOULD BE DOING IF I DIDNT TEACH HIM ALL THAT HE COULD BE IN JAIL OR DOING DRUGS BUT CONSIDERING THIS THE LAST YEAR FOR MUDDY RIVER OUTFITTERS BECAUSE WERE MOVING TO MISSOURI ITS ALWAYS GOING TO BE IN MIND THE TIME I SHARED WITH MY FREIND