Good winter bank fishing spots in the OKC area ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by carolinakid76, Jan 17, 2010.

1. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    It sucks all my spots are to shallow this time of year, and I can't find shad from the bank... I was just wondering if any of ya'll good oklahoma folks have any Idea were I can catch some cats from the bank this time of year?? I might try bellow the dam at overholser tomorrow, since I'm off work for mlk day. the problem with overholser it's illegal to throw a cast net.... Thanks in advance Ya'll !!!!

2. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    There is this one spot in spencer I might try on the north canadian. The spot is about about nine or ten foot deep , and that's deep for the north canadian... I'm going to give it a shot ,heck even if I don't catch anything at least , I'll be on the river bank ... I got the fever bad I have not been fishing since november...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    im with ya on that one i aint been for bout the same time. tired of this damn cold snow and ice. cmon 70! i used to like winter but more and more year after year i hate it.

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks ya'll looooooool:laugh1:

5. part time catman

part time catman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know theres a spot in jones just north of town on haiwassee at the river bridge on the west side.
    .I heard its 10-14 foot there where the rocks are piled up along the road
    and the river continues to erode downward.
    i think konawa lake would be a good try this time of year its not too far out and the water is heated by the OGandE plant there.Hope i helped a little.