good White Bass fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by breadboy, Jul 7, 2006.

1. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anybody know of any lakes around here that are good for white bass? Maybe even some wipers or stripers? What are the best tactics for late summer.
    Thanks alot,
    kyle

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have been catching smaller white bass just about everywhere I go. I go to Jordan and surronding lakes and creeks and rivers for my area. I am not real sure about your area. What is a wiper are is that another name for a hybrid bass?

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yup wiper is a hybrid bass. Are there any white bass worth catchin in the Cape Fear?

4. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    There should be. Anything thats in Jordan eventually comes through the discharge at the dam in the Haw then on to The Cape Fear. I don't fish for them but might give it a try if anyone has any info on how to catch them this time of the year. I have heard of people catching them in Harris and all say they are real good eating fish . Need catfish to flavor them though ! LOL

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks for the reply. I have also heard they taste good, but nothing beats catfish imo.

6. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I don't know about a good spot by you. But we went Wiper fishing last weekend and had good luck trolling a 3 way swivel with a deep crank bait on bottom and large white grubs on the top. Just tie the crank bait on with about 4 ft. of line and the grub with 2ft. of line. the crank bait keeps the grub down.

7. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jason did you go to milford? Actually I read an article about trolling for white bass. With that 3-way rig, they did the opposite, short leader crankbait and long leader plastic. Both ways apparently work though. Thanks for the advice.