Good trip with several from BOC

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ersel, Jul 23, 2006.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Last night Robert(Catsmith), Adam my 10 yr old son and I ran noodles(jugs). We made it to the river a couple of hours before dark a nice thunderstorm had passed through lowering the temps to the low 90's. Buddy(BudRice) and Roxie(ladyfish50) and Shadow their grandson met on the river. We Baited and set the noodles and pulled the boats together to visit and wait for the bite to start. Eric(Gooboy) and his nephew pulled up and we all BSed until we had several noodles flagging. Buddy went to run his we went to run ours. After rebaiting and resetting we compared catches and BSed some more by the end of the night between Buddy and Roxie's catch and ours we had over 200lbs of fish. Adam learned alot about netting fish and setting noodles. It was a great night with great people one that will be remembered for years to come.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Glad that you had a good time, Ersel :smile2: Getting together with good friends makes life so much more enjoyable.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Thats a ton of fish. Its good to see that ya'all had fun.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I've never seen it to fail, you put a bunch of La folks together,and you can't help but have a good time.:big_smile:

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    How big were they?
    how many ?
    what was the biggest?
    What was the smallest?
    Details, for those of us temperarly home bound. It ws a goood nihgt on the water.

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    The largest was 22-23lb most were in the 2-14lb range and we had 28 and Buddy had 27. Everyone was caught on chicken gizzards and hearts. The shad are everywhere now but the fish aren't touching them.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That is what it is all about. If you hadn't of caught a single fish you would still have enjoyed it. The good catching was just the iceing on the cake.

8. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Here are a few pics of the noodle night in all it's glory!

Attached Files:

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That little feller had him a hand full and a smile as wide as the Mississippi river

10. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    That smile on Adams face brings a smile to mine!!!

COngrats on a good run in great company!!!

11. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great Report! Glad to here you had a good time.

12. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Looks like yall had a great time.I love to jug it a lot of fun for the kids.

:big_smile_2:

:cat:

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Always nice to get out with BOC brothers and fish. Great pics and thanks for sharing. They were a little dark so I tried to lighten em for ya to make em easier to see. Just trying to help.

14. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice bunch of fish!

What time did they start hitting?

15. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sounds great ,kids will carry those memories for a lifetime. They will have stories to tell their own one day.:cool2:

16. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Thanks Tea!

They started biting when we got there which was about a hour before dark. Coulda been earlier but who knows.