good traps

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by loganfrum94, Jan 24, 2010.

1. loganfrum94

loganfrum94 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what are good traps for yotes any info will help thanks logan

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In Ohio we are limited to a #2 size (5-5/8") trap. I use Duke traps and they work fine with a little tuning. Also I catch a fair share of yotes using snares. They are faster and easier to carry and continue to work in all conditions.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have an assortment of #2 coil springs made by Victor Blake&Lamb and my Favorite,unfortunately no longer made Montgomery's They all work equally well here to hold coyotes.

4. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    No.2's are the standard yote trap. I prefer 1.5's, 1.65's and 1.75's. We have alot of feral dogs and cats running around and the smaller traps are easier on them. Our yote sets produce alot of coon etc too and the smaller traps are easier on them too. Ive been switching most of our canine sets to 1.5 coilsprings heavily modified. With drags and modifications we're having real good luck with the 1.5's. Out west no.3's and no.4's are common yote traps but rather big for more settled areas. Yotes are hard to hold in any foothold but I dont think our 1.5's lose more then the bigger traps do. I never use a foothold "right out of the box". We do lose more yotes with the 1.5's if we stake them solid as compared to heavy/bulky drags. Seems as long as the yote can move the drag he'll keep pulling on it and not fight the trap. Good Luck