Good to meet ya Mr Gene.

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by catsmith1, May 27, 2008.

1. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    We were up in Gene's neck of the woods this weekend on a weekend getaway. Peewee noticed where we were and sent me a PM saying I ought to get ahold of Mr Gene and say Hi! I am glad we did! He told us to stop by and we did and visited for a while.

I want to tell you he is a super nice guy and Jenny and I really wished we had more time to stay and visit. Next time we get up there we are gonna try and go fishing with ya Mr Gene! I would love to get out there with ya and enjoy the day!

I can't wait to try out the Bobbers and sickle hooks!

Mr Gene is a true BOC brother!

Thanks again!

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had the pleasure of meetin Mean Gene at the gathering in Warsaw this year. He is a prince among men i tell ya. Showed us the correct way to snell hoooks and several other knots. I also can't wait to try the bobbers out and execute some of the tips he gladly offered up. He's a heck of a nice man, i can't say enuff good about what i saw in him.:wink:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    As you said enough can't be said about Mr Gene. One one great memberof the BOC.
    You said you can't wait to use thosr Bobbers .Your gonna love em for sure.
    Watch the Sickle Hooks they HURT.Hope Gene warned you about them (they are really a sharp hook) Your gonna lovem I.m sure. What size did you get anyway. I got the 5/0 and7/0 .Like the 7/0 a bit better.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    While i'm yappin, John and his family are quality folks too. They had the dis-pleasure of camping across the road from us. Identical tents no less. Folks like ya'll are priceless when i look at society as a whole and what it's become.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    That had to be a fun trip Catsmith1.
    Ol' Mean Gene is one of the finest folks you will ever meet. Onry as a billy goat...:wink: And I hear if you take him fishing though he will hog all the poles and make you take all your circle hooks off.?. :smile2:
    Allways my pleasure to see Gene and very glad to also call him my friend. He brings meaning to the brotherhood....

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Yup Gene is one of the best. A very good member and great fisherman. I had the pleasure of meeting Gene at the De Gray gathering in Arkansas and enjoyed every minute of his stories and teachings.

7. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Robert:

It was a pleasure meeting you and your Family. I will be lookin forward to seeing you all again.

For the rest of you that posted here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You guys are trying to give this Ole Man a Big Head. I do appreciate the Kudos. But I have always found that when I have met BOC members and I have met a BIG BUNCH of them, That They are just like you are talking about me. Great People and always willing to share info and some Great stories.

That is the Trait that almost all BOC Members have.

Thanks to you all;

Gene