Good Times

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by FlatheadDreaming, Sep 6, 2009.

1. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Had a family fish fry today without my grandpa who passed away but I herd one of the funniest stories about him ever! I guess one day my uncle took him to run lines and pole fish one night and they caught nothing but a little ol drum. My grandpa told my uncle they would do a whole lot better down at his place on jugs to come down next weekend and they would give it a shot. Next weekend came they went out and threw out 30 jugs with frogs on them. After a few hours with no luck drove around to pick up the jugs and the frogs were setting on top of every jug they had thrown out. I guess it made the old man so mad he beat the jugs with his oars.LMAO.:big_smile:

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    LMFAO!! That is a funny story! I can so easily picture the whole event!:smile2::smile2:

3. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    good story that's for sharing it. I know I will think about it the next time I see a frog being used for bait. :big_smile::smile2:

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's a good 'un. Lily pad jugs:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and thanx for sharing!!!:wink:

5. mofisherman

mofisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri (St. Louis Area)
    That's a great story, thanks for sharing it. I was considering trying frogs sometime, but now I know to use a weight if they're on jugs!