GOOD TIME TRACKING

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Dec 7, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    me my dad and my buddy joey went out thrashing yesterday and my dad said he would try and flush soemthing out towards us..5 minutes into it we hear HOG!!!! as im setting the "Extra" gun down and almsot immediatly here my buddy joey letting loose his SKS. Turn and see about a 350-400 lb solid black hawg runnin about 500 mph towards us then cutting away..he said he got it on the first round and maybe the second lol..we tracked the thing over 2 miles through brush and straight across a giant wheat field and into a LOT mroe brush..found a peice of mouth an teeth and a steady blood trail til labout the 2 mile mark :smile2: then lost it...could not find the thing. not sure if my dad got his buddy out with the dogs last night or not but it was a great time none the less lol

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeffro,your buddy needs more practice at movin targets.:wink::smile2:

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I agree...this was hsi first time to shoot the gun at that but he did hit it at least once lol

different scenario when the hog is running at you :smile2:

4. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I would have liked to seen the look on your faces as he charged you two !:crazy::crazy:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Wasnt that great..i was laughing (i ahd the 30-.06 and was leveling it) btu my buddy was going towards it emptying the clip..honestly i didnt think he had it in him:eek:oooh: :smile2:

6. :roll_eyes:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

keep rollin them eyes like your watching a private screening of "HELICOPTER HELICOPTER!"

8. :roll_eyes:

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    :roll_eyes:

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Hope ya find the hog, hate to see an animal out there wounded and suffering. Must be hard to eat without a jaw.

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    My dad got his buddies dogs out the last two nights looking..not sure if they did or not...as much blood as it lsot he should be somewhere.. i agree 100 percent brotha! we tried to put him down as soona s we seen him though lol:smile2:

12. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    funny how people react when their blood lust appears ,i'll bet he wants to go again . hope you get the hog.:embarassed:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Yup,I'd have been ashamed to post this story .:sad2:

14. JEFFRO couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a flashlight!:smile2::roll_eyes:

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Ashamed? bout as ashamed as i am when these nasty things come up and tear the yard all to hell in the middle of the night and tumble trash cans. Im not condoning wounding an animal and losing them but we tracked the damn thing for at least 2 miles and my dad went out with dogs twice trying to find it and could not. so no i do not feel ashamed that the pig was wounded. we put out an honest effort to find the damn thing and kill it.

16. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :crazy:yes i agree you did everything you could to find and kill it !:embarassed: now go get a old tire put a peice of cardboard in it roll it down a hill and train your freind how to shoot a moving target.:big_smile:

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

well ill give it to him,...for the small window of time he had to get a shot off he got LOT of shots off:smile2:

18. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    well if getting off alot of shots is what he is trying to do then he done a good job but one good placed shot is all he needs. he needs to learn how to shoot at running game or stay home

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009