Good time to clean up

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Dec 21, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now that the cold weather has killed all the vegiatation, now is a good time to walk the lake and river banks and clean up all the mess left by the slobs, that you could not see from the high weeds.

I felt like doing something good today, and walked the banks of the scioto in a couple public places and filled 8 large gabage bags full of trash...Now I know high waters of spring would have washed this away, but it would just end up on the river bottom or down stream on other peoples land.

it is amazing what you find, just something small I wanted to do to give back to a sport that has gave me so much satisfaction over the years.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    if i had any reps left, i would send some your way....thats a great thing you have done, and myself and many others should really do more to give back... thanks for sharing hopefully your example will spread to some of the others... i may have to make a trip down to the river myself next time i get a chance...

3. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I agree,,, can't say that I always pick up other peoples trash ,,,BUT,,,
    I sure have picked up more than my share. Kills me on how some guys just don't give a sh*t about throwing trash on the ground,,,

FREAKING SLOBS,,:angry::angry::angry:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Reps your way!! Thanks!!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great post Jack. Reps for taking action. Great idea.

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    somebody give jack a hug great thing you did there i applaude you for it as well

7. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice work bud!

8. bradb

bradb New Member

State:
    ohio
    when i lived in Minneapolis and fished the Mississippi river, it alway P.o'ed me that of all the people that hung out at the river- mt. bikers, runners, canoe racers, rowers, dog walkers, etc- fisherman were the only ones that left a mess. i'd always try to carry out a bag of garbage. often people would purposely float their empty bottles past me. makes me wonder what the general public thinks of fishermen.

9. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Have done the same thing around a few of my holes last year as well. While waiting for the fish to bite. Came home one time and Ol'lady said; Whats all that trash in the truck. Told her just trying to clean the hole up and get up all the broken glass from idiots breaking beer bottles. So the kids wouldn't get cut or us getting a flat tire. Just really ticks me off to see people trash a spot and worse of all to break the beer bottles. Old enough to buy beer. Old enough to respect the land...

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'm getting ready to Jack. Thanks for posting very useful info and ideas.