Good time on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bsu_catfisher, Apr 28, 2008.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Went out over the weekend for the first time in almost a year and had a good start to the new season. My fiance got her first catfish at 12 pound flatty, and I got a couple pound channel. The fishing was slow at first but we found a ledge and started getting bites real fast after setting up.

How is everyone else doing so far?

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Eean, I have been catching some really nice fish. Why haven' you been getting out?

oh, fyi: Went out last night ad got a 18 pounds flattie on your Penn :)

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Eean I went out for the first time since last year this past saturday and did really well. A friend from work and I caught a few real nice channels. I caught a 15 lb blue and we caught a few blues in the 8-10 lb range while drifting. I also snapped my ugly stick rod that had my 7000 on it so that was the only bummer of the day.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like an excellent way to break her in. Congrats on the good fishing.

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Haven't had the chance to do a whole lot yet, still pretty busy at work. But I've managed to land a 14.5 lb flattie and a 10 lb channel. Hopefully I'll find the time to get out some more here in the coming weeks.

Best of luck to you.

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Eean I also went out tuesday night after i got off work and had a pretty decent night. Caught a few decent fish in the 10-15 lb range the biggest being 16. All blues too.