Good Thought for Dad please !!!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jailcop2, Jul 22, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    My 82 yr old dad could use some posotive thoughts . Dad drove a tank in W.W. 2 ,Can barley hear from the cannon and 50cal going off in his ear ,broke down in the back from the tank and hard work after the war.I remember him working all day driving a rock truck , coming home after 10 or 12 hr. days ,hand milking our cows to sell milk for the $, hand shelling corn to feed our hogs and cows , and then maybe skipping a meal or two a day so that my brother and sister and mom could eat. Our garden and strawberry patch was the size of 3/4 of a football field ,we lived off of what we raised, mom canned and worked all day taking care of us kids ,garden and all . I only remember my parents missing one thing any of us kids did from K-12 grade ,that was 1 of my brothers football games for my sisters wedding rehearsal . They had to bury my brother last year after a long fight with cancer, I thought I was going to lose both of them then .They have been thru alot for us kids . My sister and I finally talked dad into trying to get some veterans benefits shortly after my brother died , money is very tight for them , dad has never asked for any help from anyone , his thoughts were ,the war was his duty a & he would do whatever he needed to to take care of his kids . On aug 1st I take him to the veterans admin to be evaluated ,maybe w/good thoughts from good people this will work out well for Mom & Dad they deserve it .
    Thanks
    Brian

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Wish your Father well for me, and thank him for his duty to his country.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian, you and yours will definitely be in our thoughts. Have faith.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'll have a good thought for him Brian.

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    it's men like your father who helped make this country through blood sweat and tears....my hat is off to him

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I wish him well. He sounds like he deserves a little bit of help. I've got no problem with that since it sounds like he gave a lot for this country already.

7. dragon

dragon New Member

State:
    Delphos,Ohio
    Wishing your Mom and Dad the best. They surely deserve a break now.

John

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You all have my good thoughts and prayers. Take of your folks they are precious in deed. Thank you goes out to your daddy for helping to make this country free and still because of his service we are free today.pk powell:big_smile:

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good thoughts for your mom, and dad. The VA is good about taking care of vets. Sometimes it takes a little time, to see a doctor, or to get disability benefits started, but it will help out. Wishing you, and yours the best, Jack.

10. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Sending positive thoughts your way and praying for the best. Just a heads up, the VA does take time to get everything started, but make sure that ya'll stay on top of it... I have done this with my grandpa and they tend to "misplace" papers when you need them most...

Best of luck brother! Hats off to your dad for his service!

11. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Prayes and Thoughts coming from ky.

12. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Brian-
    I'll be thinking good thoughts from California for your dad, and your family. So many of the people from your dads era are truly honorable people. My grandfather was in the Navy in WWII, he was also from Iowa. I recently lost him a year and a half ago. I had so much respect for him and my grandmother, they were such good people. I truly hope that things work out smoothly for your dad and your family!

Brandon

13. Slammer

Slammer New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tell your dad and mom to hang in there. Prayers from Illinois for them and you.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, God Bless you Mom and Dad. Your Dad sounds like a fine person. I wish them the very best.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I pray that things go well for your father as well as your family.

16. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Good luck for your father hes in my prayers. Very sorry to hear about your brother too.

17. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thankyou all for your concern and all the kind things you have said .I love my parents very much and it is a great distress that I cannot help them myself .
    Thankyou all
    Brian