Good spots to fish in the river?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by RobbHeb, Dec 8, 2008.

1. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hello everybody, i was wondering if anybody here knew of a good spot to drive up to or close to the river to fish around baton rouge. i live in addis(WBR) and currently fish the river in plaquemine, but the spot i go to is unreachable if it has rained the prior week, as i dont have a 4wd truck. i'm just looking for another spot incase i cant make it to my usual spot.

also, i welcome any other good spots to fish aside from the river. thanks!

2. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Welcome to the BOC. We don't fish much from the bank. Unfortunately, even with a boat we are at the mercy of the weather in order to put it in. We normally fish the Eastbank near Darrow. There are often people fishing and catching some from the bank. I am temporarily in Beaumont doing hurricaine repair work so I have not had much opportunity to fish this year. You can see many of our posts in the Baton Rouge area to check out our results. Do you do pretty well at Addis?

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I believe ya Ed, I fished off the levee not too long ago off of river road with a friend. We only had a few pieces of a slim-jim and managed to get the lines pulled a few times, though to no avail. I did come up emptyhanded once with catfish slime all over the line though!:tounge_out:

4. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thanks for the replies!

we found a good spot to drive right up to the bank in Brusly, got a few bites but didnt catch anything. we ended up fishing in the bar pit's, i caught 9 blue's, one was worth keeping the others were about 11 inches. i caught 5 bream that were perfect size, and even caught a bass worth keeping.

i completely agree with that. one day they bite shrimp like crazy and the next they only want worms, or bream heads. its not about finding them, its about finding out what they are eating at that time. to me anyway.

my brother-in-law joined the other day but has yet to post.