Good spots on Indian Lake or Grand Lake St. Mary's?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by King Cat Assasin, Jun 6, 2007.

1. King Cat Assasin

King Cat Assasin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does anyone Know of any good shore and boat fishings spots on Indian Lake or Grand Lake St. mary's?

2. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    here's a thread about st. mary's

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49927

indian lake, i'm not sure, haven't really fished it in a long time. My brother and friends were down there last weekend in the storm, drifting the lake, they caught a few, nothing worth braggin about tho....

3. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    i'll be down at indian lake camping july 12 - 15, gonna try and find some places to get into some cats, i'll let ya know what's up

4. lake-st-marys-catman

lake-st-marys-catman New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey king cat, the best time to fish is between 6pm and midnight. the lake gets a huge amount of boat traffic during the day. i was out by wright state university on the lake thrurs. night with my son mark, and we caught 40+ llbs of cat fillets , one 5lber and numerous 3+ My biggest cat of the year was a blue cat weighing 10+ I recommend you fish on the north side of the lake , next to sandy area's that is where they seem to be biting. if you want some specifics on methods and bait presentation , and fishing equipment that works PM me THE CATS are pretty quirky on bait presentation.
    sincerely,
    lake -st marys catman
    mark fleagle

5. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    how's the lake looking right now? i didn't think much bit after mid june when the algae started taking over? how far off bank are they biting? we fish off of dibble road there by wright state, but have always been from bank? and have you fished the southwest side there where they say the big ones are?

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Tim! Glad you jumped right in with some info others can use. That's what makes this place great!:big_smile: