Good spots near bloomington

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by IU_hoosier_WH, Jun 18, 2006.

1. IU_hoosier_WH

IU_hoosier_WH New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other good catfishing spots, besides monroe, that are within an hour drive of bloomington. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. sam

sam New Member

State:
    Martinsville IN
    You might want to consider going to Williams Dam along the White river near Bedford.
    Also Lemon Lake below the dam or at Riddle point.
    There is also a new pay lake thats just opened up near the boat ramp in Waverly. I've been hearing lots of good things about this place.

3. IU_hoosier_WH

IU_hoosier_WH New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thank you very much. I will definitely try and hit those spots when some free time opens up.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    When i was younger we used to fish Bean blossom creek off of hwy 37.
    I don't know if you still can or not. also Indian creek just south of martinsville under bridge on hwy 37 Haven't been that way for a long time . Have they opened Griffy lake up yet. some good channels in there.

5. IU_hoosier_WH

IU_hoosier_WH New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thank you for your suggestions. Last I heard, you weren't supposed to take your private boats on there, but you can still rent rowboats. I even heard from a friend that they were planning on draining it and refilling it because of the weed situation. However, I have checked on the Bloomington city website and the IDNR website and have not seen any news regarding this. Hopefully they can take care of everything without draining it.

6. IU_hoosier_WH

IU_hoosier_WH New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Actually I did find an article on IDNR's website back in their March archives. They do not expect to allow any boats besides the park department's rentals(w/out motors) at all in 2006. There is nothing about draining the lake, they are just doing treatments.

7. sam

sam New Member

State:
    Martinsville IN
    catseeman,
    The bean blossom lake has been gone for years. Always liked that lake, but the dam broke on it about ten years ago. State says it cost to much to repair it.
    Sure would like to see some of the states lotto money go into fixing it !!