Good spots at Salomonie ?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kyron4, Jul 25, 2006.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I got a 10' jon boat with electric motor, and map of salomonie. Where are some good places to start that are close to the ramps( within 1/4-1/2 mile) ? Please include where the ramp is loctated too. Tierd of all the snags at Mississewa.
    -Thanks

2. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The flats around Monument Island are a good place to start out.

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    mike, i fish salaimonie alot. i launch at mt.etna ramp, i've caught cats right close to the ramp, the main river channel runs right close to this ramp. last week 223smitty and i was up there and the cats we did catch wanted stinky baits. they had been hittting crawlers and softcraws. i'am thinking about going up tonight myself. the ramp is just west of s.r. 9 on s.r. 124.

good luck, bro.

scott.

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mike,

I've fished that Mt Etna ramp are too and done well. Nice spot & you don't need to travel real far.

Good Luck!

5. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went up to salaimonie with boat and put in at mt etna, last night with a old fishing buddy, 10 channel's 2-6lb range. i had a real nice cat on for a few, until he got free of my hook. all the cats were caught on fresh chicken livers. i was fishing close to the ramp in the main river channel, off the drop.

6. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    If you launch at Mt.Etna, head upstream until you get into a lot of trees on shallow flats. I fish right in the channel, catch lots, but they run a little smaller than they do out in the main reservoir. Fish the outside bends. Hope that's not too far for ya!